Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Too each their own basically, the thing a lot of people don't see is the cost of ownership, reliability, and product support. i've worked in honda parts for 14 years at the dealer level and have been with GM for the past 3 years now, and in the 3 years i've been doing GM parts i can tell you on a daily basis 50% of the parts are discontinued or backordered for months on end, and don't get me started on recalls cause holy s**t GM has seemed to corner that freaking market well. with honda i've never experienced these hell's on a daily basis, product support is there for 20-30 years before seeing a part discon'd, recalls are very low, price of parts are cheaper then GM yet Honda owners b***h about pricing while GM owners pay higher price's for shitty parts like money is in high supply, it's dumb founding.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Too each their own basically, the thing a lot of people don't see is the cost of ownership, reliability, and product support. i've worked in honda parts for 14 years at the dealer level and have been with GM for the past 3 years now, and in the 3 years i've been doing GM parts i can tell you on a daily basis 50% of the parts are discontinued or backordered for months on end, and don't get me started on recalls cause holy st GM has seemed to corner that freaking market well. with honda i've never experienced these hell's on a daily basis, product support is there for 20-30 years before seeing a part discon'd, recalls are very low, price of parts are cheaper then GM yet Honda owners b*h about pricing while GM owners pay higher price's for shitty parts like money is in high supply, it's dumb founding.

I work for Porsche on the dealer level and have been here almost 9 years. Talk about bitching about prices. :lol: I guess they got rich by being stingy about cash. Had a guy complain to me about a $15 remote battery on a $200k+ car. It's insane sometimes. That's over the front counter though, usually the ones in for service don't bat an eye at the cost. At least not the owners of the newer ones.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
look who's back :hi: @lethal6
Back for good this time, lol, most times i just check in, but since i'm finally allowed by the wife to mod the Si, i need only one forum for info, and that's this one.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Back for good this time, lol, most times i just check in, but since i'm finally allowed by the wife to mod the Si, i need only one forum for info, and that's this one.
Awesome, what are your plans for it? I've been trying to convince my friend to modify his 07 Si but he's been reluctant :lol:.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Awesome, what are your plans for it? I've been trying to convince my friend to modify his 07 Si but he's been reluctant :lol:.
so far skunk2 cat back and cold-air, and hondata flashpro, looking at skunk2 alpha header next and most likely their stage 1 cams, after that a simple drop to about 1-1.5 linch lower and then stiffen the chassis.