Classifieds FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
All above are good points.. I personally thought that the 100 post rule kept out the "duck-n-run" scammers... I, personally, felt it was legit, and have no issue with the post-count rule(s)...
Cheers and beers...

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
green ej8 said:
i never really understood why it was set at 100 post and not more whats gonna stop someone form scamming if they have 100 post or 1000 post if thier gonna do it then thier gonna do it and be an a*****e and wh is jezek gonna be sad
couldn't agree more, i'm w/ OC on that i'll go meet and pick the s**t up, i saw like 5 ppl get scammed on superhonda, i think everyone will be fine if they remember "if its too good to be true, IT IS!! " ;)

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd make it a member for 2 weeks deal. lol. Member for two weeks and you can sell. lol. SOunds good. Cause if they're just gonna sell and o contribute we dont need em. lol.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RANT WARNING!!!!
THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOU OC, just so we're clear on that, this is just my two cents.

Personally I think this was a bad decision for the sites well being, I have had 10 or more smooth transactions on here, and dont want to see anyone get burned. The 100 post rule was kind of aributary (sp?) but it worked by weeding out a majority of the scammers. I wont deny that if people really want to scam you they still can, but it was comforting knowing that the seller had other motives besides just signing up and taking peoples money. I have no problem buying goods from a fellow member that has proven they are good people, and arent in teh site for the $$. I really felt like CC was making great progress when we stopped counting lounge posts and this rule was enforced strongly. SOMETHING needs to be done, there needs to be some requirements for selling, either be a site sponsor, or supporter, anything but nothing. If the mods didnt like enforceing the rules, get new ones (mods or rules i dont care which). If this statement gets me a vacation, so be it, but I will not sit back and watch this site go down the drain because of lazyness or lienancy (sp?) SOMETHING needs to be done. I support this site because I enjoy it how it is and at the time thought it was the right thing to do as an active member, I will pull my support if I have too, I dont want to do that, but if it comes to it, consider me gone. Even after my accident I have still set aside next months support $ for the site in my paypal account, because I want to keep this resource alive, and if you want to kill it by being lax on policies and modding, I wont have any part in it.
/ RANT

PS- mods- feel free to contact me via aim or PM, just know that it is not a personal attack on anyone, and to be honest, i like our current mods and admin, and respect all of you, but this is more than borderline irresposnsibe

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can go by wether or not the person you are buying but is a supporter or not. thats the idea of this. you set your own rules for buying. wether it be posts, length of the membership.... etc. there doesn;t need to be anything for selling. its not CC job to keep you from being scammed/ripped off. you can take care of yourself.

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
1995stockcivic said:
RANT WARNING!!!!
THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOU OC, just so we're clear on that, this is just my two cents.

Personally I think this was a bad decision for the sites well being, I have had 10 or more smooth transactions on here, and dont want to see anyone get burned. The 100 post rule was kind of aributary (sp?) but it worked by weeding out a majority of the scammers. I wont deny that if people really want to scam you they still can, but it was comforting knowing that the seller had other motives besides just signing up and taking peoples money. I have no problem buying goods from a fellow member that has proven they are good people, and arent in teh site for the $$. I really felt like CC was making great progress when we stopped counting lounge posts and this rule was enforced strongly. SOMETHING needs to be done, there needs to be some requirements for selling, either be a site sponsor, or supporter, anything but nothing. If the mods didnt like enforceing the rules, get new ones (mods or rules i dont care which). If this statement gets me a vacation, so be it, but I will not sit back and watch this site go down the drain because of lazyness or lienancy (sp?) SOMETHING needs to be done. I support this site because I enjoy it how it is and at the time thought it was the right thing to do as an active member, I will pull my support if I have too, I dont want to do that, but if it comes to it, consider me gone. Even after my accident I have still set aside next months support $ for the site in my paypal account, because I want to keep this resource alive, and if you want to kill it by being lax on policies and modding, I wont have any part in it.
/ RANT

PS- mods- feel free to contact me via aim or PM, just know that it is not a personal attack on anyone, and to be honest, i like our current mods and admin, and respect all of you, but this is more than borderline irresposnsibe
no one is making you buy from someone you don't want to. if you liked the 100 posts rule cause it made u feel safer, keep right on using it.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
x007den said:
no one is making you buy from someone you don't want to. if you liked the 100 posts rule cause it made u feel safer, keep right on using it.
marc si very well aware of that, but as always, not all CC member's are going to agree with the change, o if they voice their opinion, then they have a right to voice their concern.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
you can go by wether or not the person you are buying but is a supporter or not. thats the idea of this. you set your own rules for buying. wether it be posts, length of the membership.... etc. there doesn;t need to be anything for selling. its not CC job to keep you from being scammed/ripped off. you can take care of yourself.
x007den said:
hats off to you.. exactly what ive been saying all along.. ;)

as long as you read and understand what you just said.. there is no real security issue... use whatver guidelines YOU want.. :D

Last edited:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and as stated...

if you like the hundred post rule.. then just keep right on using it.. problem solved..

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow, just wow........ As Ive always said. Buyer BEWARE!!!! This site isnt going to help anyone selling/buying anymore. Interesting I wish we would have heard about this. A lot of stuff going on behind closed doors lately and beign stealthily implmented. Thats disconcerting AT BEST. What happened to getting the users (you know, the reason why the site still exists) involved?

You may just have made this site responsible for botched up transactions by not doing what you can to prevent it..... (see last Seinfeld episode for details) You may need to look that up...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Wow, just wow........ As Ive always said. Buyer BEWARE!!!! This site isnt going to help anyone selling/buying anymore. Interesting I wish we would have heard about this. A lot of stuff going on behind closed doors lately and beign stealthily implmented. Thats disconcerting AT BEST. What happened to getting the users (you know, the reason why the site still exists) involved?

You may just have made this site responsible for botched up transactions by not doing what you can to prevent it..... (see last Seinfeld episode for details) You may need to look that up...
umm what are you talking about.. the buyer can use ANY criteria they want.. if they like the 100 post rule they can keep righ ton using it.. as stated no one is FORCING you to buy or sell to anyone.. there was no long discussion because none was needed in this case.. we took off the minimum this ONLY effects people who WANT it to effect them.. if you do NOT want it to effect you keep using the 100 post rule? or even make it 200 posts and 5 months.. if thats what YOU want

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since I have no edit button for some odd reason.........

$lick Rick said:
it was actually tossed because oc was tired of dealing with people breaking the rule... but whatever :lol:
interesting point........If mods (anyone) dont want to do their job. resign. there are people that want to help AND have the time to do so..... =)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
closed there is nothing really more to discuss.. this was new news days ago.. if you would liek to discuss further please PM me..

Status
Not open for further replies.