Clearing stock headlights?

myfavecoupe

I have a 98 civic and want to remove the yellow reflector and side marker, anyone done this? I've read just removing the reflector leaves an imprint and screw holes of where it goes. Looking for suggestions

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a 98 civic and want to remove the yellow reflector and side marker, anyone done this? I've read just removing the reflector leaves an imprint and screw holes of where it goes. Looking for suggestions
I have seen the end result and there is an indentation where the plastic amber strip used to be and a hole on either end where the screws go. The reflector over the bulb I think just kind of locks in and won't make a big mess if removed.

Are you planning on leaving them chrome, or are you painting them? If you're painting the housings, I'd probably just recommend sanding them down and painting over them so the housings don't look like there's just a chunk of plastic missing.

myfavecoupe

I want to leave them chrome. Any ideas how I can chrome the reflector? I was thinking using a sheet of Mylar since it's heat resistant and should hold up with sun exposure

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I guess it could work, maybe just wrap it around the amber piece. I'm not sure what the longevity of that would be though. I'm not totally sure tho, without having done it myself. Sorry I can't be more help...

Also, there's not two screws holding it in, I believe it's just one screw at the front of the headlight and a tab at the rear. Either way, it's still two holes.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's cool. Think chrome paint would be a better option?
Try it. Find something else similar to spray as a test. If it comes out well, try it on the reflectors. If it comes out shitty, you don't have to go tearing into your headlights right away, you can find other options.