CLICK HERE all of you curious about suspension setups and their costs/reliability.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Racelands are cheap junk. You get what you pay for applies heavily here.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sorry if bumping this for my own interests is sacrilegious, but I read through some of these pages and most of the information is 3+ years old and prices / companies / quality changes.

I'm looking for a nice complete coilover kit to swap into my '00 coupe. I looked up PIC after reading nothing but good things. The front of the page says AMR all the way, and run around $1'200, $1'300. They seem to be closer to $1'600 now. I've also been told that for the price of the PIC, Tein Street Flex coilovers (no EDFC) would also be a great option. I've never been one to go for the Tein hype, I always thought they were talked way up for the value.

So obviously I'm looking in the $1'000 - $1'200 range, not looking for a crazy drop, sit the fenders just above the tires, no "stance" or camber, daily driving, will eventually be a DD and weekend warrior with the swap, something comfy to ride but not crazy forgiving on the spring rate. If AMR is still pretty much the be all end all for an extra few hundred, I guess I can consider it and save them pennies. Lifetime warranty is nice...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I thought function and form type 1's were generally accepted. They're around 7 apparently.

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A lot of people say they feel just about every crack in the road with these things. I live in NJ on some highways around beach towns, roads suck here, a lot. I'm not looking for crazy dampening, but I don't want to feel every pebble on the highway. If these are good, s**t, I could get these in a couple weeks.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Question.

I have function and form-coilovers. I have my car dropped pretty low. If I raise the car 2 inches back up, will the suspension feel more smoother???? Or will it feel the same??

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Question.

I have function and form-coilovers. I have my car dropped pretty low. If I raise the car 2 inches back up, will the suspension feel more smoother???? Or will it feel the same??
If you have type 1, it'll feel smoother. Type 1s aren't meant to be extremely low. Yes they have the ability to go low, but they aren't valve to be comfortable that low or long lasting that low.