Climate Control / Fog lights dead

SpeedBuggy

5+ Year Member
So today it rained all day, and I decided to tinker a little with my fog switch and i came up with this

it worked fine when i turned the fogs on then about an hour later, my climate control wouldnt start up, it lit up but thats it, any clue what happened??

EDIT- and my fogs wont work now either

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the climate control wont light up, or will not function at all?

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check the under hood fuse box...there should be one for the blower motor. That could be one problem. If not, look up a fuse diagram for the underdash fuses....

SpeedBuggy

5+ Year Member
thats was i was thinking..a blown fuse somewhere, but i dunno about the fogs, plus something made a spark when i was tinkering inside the double din part, maybe that shorted something?

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
definitely check fuses. Do you have any bare wires back there? Like from a headunit or something? Those leads could definitely cause spark and blow stuff.

SpeedBuggy

5+ Year Member
so i checked my fog fuse and relay, everythings ok there, so i dunno why they wont work =/

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would check the grounds to the fog lights. mess around w that makin sure it has GREAT contact. and the relay. does it click? even so, manually squeeze the contacts together, sometimes the coil lost its strenght

SpeedBuggy

5+ Year Member
well i put a brand new relay in or my fogs, and no, it does nothing they still dont turn on, and i checked my ground and its all good too. its a mysteryyy

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont you have a voltmeter? thats an important tool. it fixes every electrical issue.

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^ x2

it definitely sounds like you shorted something. Check all of your fuses. I blew the fuse for my tail lights and for some reason my foglights stopped working even though they're wired to the parking lights. But after I replaced the fuse, all was working well.

As for the blower, did you try turning it up all the way? Mine stopped working when I switch it to 1 or 2 but 3 and 4 work fine. I still haven't figured it out, though.

zammykoo

caffeinated
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yep its definately a blown fuse, check the ac and fog fuses

i know when i was tinkering with my alarm i saw a spark and then i checked the fuse under the hood.... sure enough that was the problem