Clueless power question

monkeyninja05

5+ Year Member
Hey all....I'm only partially knowledgable about power issues so naturally I have tons of questions...this pertains to the difference in power between my current car, an '04 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart and my soon-to-be-owned car the '06 Civic LX

According to my research, the cars are like this....

Lancer - Horsepower - 162
Torque - 162
Max Horsepower - 5750 rpm
Max Torque - 4000 rpm

Civic - Horsepower - 140
Torque - 128
Max Horsepower - 6300 rpm
Max Torque - 4300 rpm

With those stats, I find myself confused. Which has more....balls...on the road? More...'muscle' for lack of the right word to use. Can anyone that knows about power explain this to me?

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most hondas dont have "balls" as a factory option, theyre economy cars. which ones faster, ehh im a honda guy till i die but the L...L...La.....Lancer Raliart, i almost couldnt type it

MasterShake

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats just when maimum power is reached in the rpm range, such as the civic makes 140hp at 6300 rpm, 6300 rpm is when the motor makes the most power.

monkeyninja05

5+ Year Member
Ohhhhhh :idea:

Now I get it =)

Thanks. It makes so much more sense now. Ok...I've learned my one new thing for today....sleep time. Later

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont like the way the new rally arts look..i'd go with the civic imo. if it was 6th gen civic vs 1st gen rally arts than i'd take the rally art