Clueless

Discussion in '5th Generation Honda Civic (1992-1995)' started by Eg Hatch 93, Oct 17, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Eg Hatch 93

Eg Hatch 93 New Member

I drive a 93 EG, with a d16y8, and this is my first honda, im clueless as to what engine work i should do to get more horse. no bolt on's or anything, all its got right now, is 3 in skunk 2 coilovers and camberkit, and aftermarket headers all the way back to muffler, and a cai.

2. Turbo_Freak

Turbo_Freak BAMF Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

What are your goals?

3. WalkingComplex

WalkingComplex Stock As All Hell Registered VIP

Along with ^, budget and skill?

Welcome to CC and enjoy your stay. Pics?

4. Eg Hatch 93

Eg Hatch 93 New Member

well, budget isnt really THAT much of a problem, i mean, the more expensive parts i will ofcourse have to wait and save for, like i cant just go out and buy a 1000 dollar turbo. but, other then exterior and interior cosmetic stuff, i dont really know what my goals are for the engine, i just want more out of it.

and as for skill, im not well mechanically minded, but i have 2 friends who work in a performance shop, and 2 that work in a body shop that also does engine work, so i do indeed have the help i need, but they dont just do all my work for me, they show me how to do it and watch me do it, so i get a learning experience along with it haha.

5. Eg Hatch 93

Eg Hatch 93 New Member

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the new headers arent shown in that picture though^ ill have one tomorrow

6. civico

civico New Member 5+ Year Member

a nice cam would be nice. ignition upgrades are good too :lol:

7. 2slo4u

2slo4u wait4me Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I'd save up for the turbo. No bolt ons or simple ad ons will give you any horsepower. The turbo will be worth it

8. lethal6

lethal6 Das Auto! Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

Nothing better than stock ignition on a civic. They don't seem to like upgrades like MSD from what I have read/heard.

9. Eg Hatch 93

Eg Hatch 93 New Member

any certain brand/type of cams youd suggest? i was searching around, and stage 1-2-3 cams are all the same price basically, just dont really know the difference, id like to put a stage 1 or 2 clutch in it soon as well, but heres the video of my car after i put the headers all the way back to exhaust on it.[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbpGvm61A9I"][/YOUTUBE]
    it was the first start up of the day, engine was still cold. but i love the sound,its not really high pitched like i expected it to be, somewhat throaty when im really driving hard.

10. emerican

emerican New Member Registered VIP

The stages of cams are how aggresive the cam is
    Stage 1 is slightly more aggresive than stock and can be used with a stock valvetrain
    Stage 2 is more aggresive and would be the highest stage id go on the street but you could do stage 3 if you wanted but you must upgrade valvetrain
    Stage 3 most aggresive usally reserved for all track cars also must upgrade valvetrain

11. crash!

crash! Avi, pull your socks up. Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

:word:

12. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

x2. Either turbo that single or swap in a DOHC (and no, not the D-Series DOHC).

13. emerican

emerican New Member Registered VIP

What exactly is your power goal with it op?

14. obracer12

obracer12 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

turbo or swap.. those are your only performance options. add-ons and bolt ons to the y8 would be a waste of money IMHO, you won't even notice a change.

15. Eg Hatch 93

Eg Hatch 93 New Member

For right now im going to turbo it and only run it on 7 psi. come spring, and then in the summer my friends dropping a built k20 in his rsx, and giving me his old k20.