Clueless

Eg Hatch 93

I drive a 93 EG, with a d16y8, and this is my first honda, im clueless as to what engine work i should do to get more horse. no bolt on's or anything, all its got right now, is 3 in skunk 2 coilovers and camberkit, and aftermarket headers all the way back to muffler, and a cai.

Eg Hatch 93

well, budget isnt really THAT much of a problem, i mean, the more expensive parts i will ofcourse have to wait and save for, like i cant just go out and buy a 1000 dollar turbo. but, other then exterior and interior cosmetic stuff, i dont really know what my goals are for the engine, i just want more out of it.

and as for skill, im not well mechanically minded, but i have 2 friends who work in a performance shop, and 2 that work in a body shop that also does engine work, so i do indeed have the help i need, but they dont just do all my work for me, they show me how to do it and watch me do it, so i get a learning experience along with it haha.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd save up for the turbo. No bolt ons or simple ad ons will give you any horsepower. The turbo will be worth it

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a nice cam would be nice. ignition upgrades are good too :lol:
Nothing better than stock ignition on a civic. They don't seem to like upgrades like MSD from what I have read/heard.

Eg Hatch 93

a nice cam would be nice. ignition upgrades are good too :lol:
any certain brand/type of cams youd suggest? i was searching around, and stage 1-2-3 cams are all the same price basically, just dont really know the difference, id like to put a stage 1 or 2 clutch in it soon as well, but heres the video of my car after i put the headers all the way back to exhaust on it.[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbpGvm61A9I"][/YOUTUBE]
it was the first start up of the day, engine was still cold. but i love the sound,its not really high pitched like i expected it to be, somewhat throaty when im really driving hard.

emerican

Registered VIP
The stages of cams are how aggresive the cam is
Stage 1 is slightly more aggresive than stock and can be used with a stock valvetrain
Stage 2 is more aggresive and would be the highest stage id go on the street but you could do stage 3 if you wanted but you must upgrade valvetrain
Stage 3 most aggresive usally reserved for all track cars also must upgrade valvetrain

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd save up for the turbo. No bolt ons or simple ad ons will give you any horsepower. The turbo will be worth it
x2. Either turbo that single or swap in a DOHC (and no, not the D-Series DOHC).

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
turbo or swap.. those are your only performance options. add-ons and bolt ons to the y8 would be a waste of money IMHO, you won't even notice a change.

Eg Hatch 93

For right now im going to turbo it and only run it on 7 psi. come spring, and then in the summer my friends dropping a built k20 in his rsx, and giving me his old k20.