Clutch Installation (God Dam)

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Okay now since I ordered my clutch and have it ready for install I called numerous places and the cheapest right now to just install and dam clutch is $350. Is it that hard to install a 99 si Clutch or am I get ripped off witht hese prices?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds kind of high, I got my clutch and flywheel installed for $150.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm looking for a spot to install it for about that same price but I continue to get either $350-$450 offers. I tell them it's a civic not a exotic car.

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
This is the problem when you add a few modifications they think people have money and want to rob people.

surfer4life722

you can touch it...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should take about half a day if you know what your doing...if not, give yourself at like 2 days maybe?

its not that bad though doing it yourself

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
installing a clutch is easy, its getting the tranny back on while the engine is still in the car that can be a problem.

1337 | RCE

teh broke enthusiast
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had a friend do it for 100 bucks and he had one hell of a time putting the tranny back in the car. those prices for shops don't seem that far off. the cheapest i ever found was 320. i don't know how that one guy got it for 150.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I got mine done for like $200. Actually, $350 doesn't even sound all that bad. Garage's here try to charge anywhere from like $500 - $1000 for a clutch job :shock: f**k THAT!

If some peopel might think that $350 is too expensive it's probably because they did their clutch's themselves or had someone do it for them for cheap. Remember that your neighborhood mechanic that works out of his garage wont give you any kind of warantee on the job ;)

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know man, i dont think its that hard to do, and im no mechanic.. but you could save yourself some money and learn a few things..

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all go no show said:
i dont know man, i dont think its that hard to do, and im no mechanic.. but you could save yourself some money and learn a few things..
I don't think it's hard if you know what you're doing. It only takes my friend like an hour or two to change a clutch

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you have time today / down time for a couple days, i say go for it.