Co...aurora this weekend?

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
hey guys just moved up here to co any meets going on this weekend??

if not we should have one....whats going on co.???

chromal

5+ Year Member
Kinda seems so, but hello from the foothills. 98 CX hatchback 5MT, stock.

chromal

5+ Year Member
LOL, well, very stock. No performance mods, though I just bought a 2nd D16 long block, prolly going to build it all motor over the winter. (Z6 intake, not sure how much the rest of it will be usable.) FI and Colorado go well together. Honda is recently now my 2nd car, which is really liberating in terms of projects that don't impact DD.

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
Mine runs pretty good up here... Yea it took me a while befor I did the turbo I work a s**t load.... All motor was my idea till some stole my parts out of back yard in phx... You can use a lot my block is different but I have the same z6 head.. port polish springs cam gear arps....

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I live in grand junction. But I'm in denver for the night!

Wish I woulda seen this thread yesterday. We coulda met up and u coulda bought me beers for sure...

chromal

5+ Year Member
Yeah, I figure everything I'll learn doing all motor will prep things for a turbo down the road, particularly ECU and top/bottom building. What I bought was weird, but cheap. $80 for a D16Y7 block crank and pistons, with a D14A4 head and a D16Z6 intake manifold. I haven't ID'd the throttle body yet, prolly Y7. Spun bearing, bent rod, missing main journal girdle and oil pan, so the build will be a long road. Might wind up tossing a lot of that, but I won't know until I can start measuring all the bottom end parts and see what's salvageable. Lots of little things to do on the car, anyway, 13 year old suspension could stand to be rebuilt... Anyway, I'm in no rush, wanna build something I can be proud of and maybe even be the base build for boosting later.

That's sucks about your all motor project disappearing from your own back yard, I'm glad you were able to build what sounds like a fun ride.

I'm noob at all this, but it's something to do this winter on the mountain... Definitely nice to have 2nd engine to play with while 1st is still running in car, and other car is a mazda3 hatchback.

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
Yeah, I figure everything I'll learn doing all motor will prep things for a turbo down the road, particularly ECU and top/bottom building. What I bought was weird, but cheap. $80 for a D16Y7 block crank and pistons, with a D14A4 head and a D16Z6 intake manifold. I haven't ID'd the throttle body yet, prolly Y7. Spun bearing, bent rod, missing main journal girdle and oil pan, so the build will be a long road. Might wind up tossing a lot of that, but I won't know until I can start measuring all the bottom end parts and see what's salvageable. Lots of little things to do on the car, anyway, 13 year old suspension could stand to be rebuilt... Anyway, I'm in no rush, wanna build something I can be proud of and maybe even be the base build for boosting later.

That's sucks about your all motor project disappearing from your own back yard, I'm glad you were able to build what sounds like a fun ride.

I'm noob at all this, but it's something to do this winter on the mountain... Definitely nice to have 2nd engine to play with while 1st is still running in car, and other car is a mazda3 hatchback.
That sounds like some work good luck ... But all motor and turbo setups don't mix... All motor = a s**t load of compresion... Turbos like low compresion, took me a while befor I desided what to run.... I like hondata.. but save money Geting Neptune rtp does same thing same quality... I have full bwr suspension with oem replace shocks works pretty good in moutians haven't had a chance to really get into yet plus the bwr is cheap simple took me 3hours to do every thing and its a good quality product

chromal

5+ Year Member
I figure a lot of it will come down to which pistons I choose, but in general there'll be less tolerance for screwing up in a boosted engine, so this first engine build is going to be for NA, then the one it replaces will maybe be rebuilt for boost once I'm a little less noob at it. I've been playing a bit with this compression calculator to try to start planning with reasonable goals: http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

I like hondata's price. =) NA engine may well be hondata, not sure about the boosted build.

There are some fun roads up here. SR-103/Squaw Pass Road from Evergreen to Idaho Springs, or 40 from Empire to Winter Park. Closer in to Denver, Deer Creek Canyon Rd / CO Rd 124 to Deer Creek Rd to High Grade Rd up into Conifer is fun.

Those BWRs look solid, will definitely be thinking about coilovers, once I replace some rotten factory rubber bushings and ball joints.

spad3dEK

5+ Year Member
turbos aren't really that much work they are pretty simple it just depend on your goal.. like mine was 8psi and i knew my stock motor could take it, but i knew down the line i will want more boost so i put together a descent kit that could handle every thing i need and ill do the block work later i need my dd =)

and yea if im going all motor im going to spend every penny i can so much compression

thx ill have to check those out, we should meet up before it snows and run them Safely =) but still have some fun

kinda hard to see but bwr red lcas and built subframe and black lower tie bar all bwr =) like 400$ give or take plus i got all new bushing camber ect..

19civic98

SiR coupe?
5+ Year Member
There is meets every sunday night man with great turn out's 50, 60 plus cars everytime hondas sti's evo's gtr's porche's 240's everything you can think of man nice well built cars too. that yellow boosted s2000 from honda tuning always go. Back during summer we had a strictly honda meet and rolled into that one like 30 deep. hit me up ill get you more info and ill try to find some pics

FerioEk247

the nerd/geek
hmm ill try to make it out to one of the next meets. hopefully the weather dont suck. also im from CO in thornton area.

heres my civic ek/ej with J32a2 V6 :D