Cobl18's 98 Civic Ex Slow build thread

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know it's crazy, lol!

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Good advice guys i'm going to wait until i can afford the Eibach pro damper kit shocks and Eiback Pro lowering springs. Hopefully I can grab a pair of these by Christmas and get may car lowered a bit and better handling. I still have to pay off 2 stupid tickets, turning left on a no left turn and running a stop sign, so no new parts real soon mostly just clean up. Maybe I'll have some birthday money left over to get my saving started! College kid on a budget lol!

emerican

Registered VIP
I am the exact same way so i know how you feel about the college kid on a budget lol.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Hey guys look what I picked up for 20 bucks today.

It works great it came out of my friends car, he needed gas money lol! I plan on using it on my front speakers when I get some.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
I'll upload it from my lapto tonight, I was trying it from my iPhone. And pin stripes as under dash lights? Do you know what pin stripes are man?

Cobl18

Registered VIP
okay so here's the picture of the amp AND power wire that i got for 20 bucks. Just FYI I don' like spending money on useless things like amps and systems. The one amp i have strapped to the back of my rear seats i picked up for 50 bucks and its a Clarion amp that retails at like 300 bucks new so I couldn't pass it up, its hooked up to my 2 rear speakers and my subwoofers (its a 4 channel). The deck and 2 12's that I have in the back came with the car, and the 2 really nice Alpines i have sitting in my trunk I traded some really shi**y HID lights for them. I don't have any speakers in the front of my car but maybe ill pick up a set since i now have a amp that i can wire them too lol! anyways here's the pics i promised:

The inputs and such:

[/URL][/IMG]

The front side with the 20 foot or so of wire i got:

Tomorrow i have a huge list of things to do to the car. I plan on mounting the amp i bought and running the wiring to the door. I plan on fine adjusting the doors to hang perfectly, redoing the wiring on the door so that it allows me to put my speakers in. I also need to cut some of the inside door so the tweeters will fit and wiring those up. I'm also going to clean out the inside of my car and hopefully finally get around to buffing it. Then i also need to put some rubber around my door locks because they hit the inside of the door panel and clank and its kinda trashy. I also need to grease my windows and my door hinges so they don't squeek. Then I plan on mounting my water temp gauge where the stock holder thing is beside the radio dek instead of on my dash. For my birthday my grandma got me some dash gauges. Ill show you a picture and there not those cheap ebay pieces of crap reverse glow ones.

Here's a pic of them:
[/URL][/IMG]

When i get them maybe ill do a right up and ill post pictures of both day and night time with them on. Here's the web sight if your intrested or just want to look:

http://www.acautotechnic.com/

Cobl18

Registered VIP
I already have 2 12 inch pioneers in my trunk. I want to get some truck boxes for them, the super thin kind that are supposed to go behind their seats, and put them in my trunk so it's not taking up so much room in my already small trunk. I'm thinking about making my own and covering them I'm tired of having 1/4 of a trunk lol.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
When you buy quality parts you would think that they wouldn't grenade inside your engine. Today I was driving along the highway with my cruise set and suddenly my RPM's went from 3,100 to 0. I popped it into neutral and coasted to the side of the road. I thought my timing belt had snapped or slipped off, my dizzy wasn't turning and my valves were not lifting, common if you snap a timing belt. I got a friend to help me tow it home and i pulled off the valve cover and upper timing belt cover to see that my AEM tru-time cam gear had broken off. Call me dumb but I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. For cryin out loud its a 120 horse power engine! anyways here's some pics im just glad i didnt bend any valves or anything.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Anyways I contacted them and I hope to get my money back, ill never put another AEM cam gear on my car.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Yeah Godspeed and AEM so far are a no no lol! Honestly I thought AEM was legit I guess I was wrong lol! Hopefully customer support can get things right for me. And I'm going to try and figure out how to slip the gear into the belt without taking everything off :p

Cobl18

Registered VIP
bent valves are a b***h. I need a whole new head and there is no way i can afford it unless someone is just giving one away for shipping costs. I'm probably going to get another car and just save money and hopefully eventually fix the car within the next year. AEM is sending me a new cam gear and im happily selling it to anyone who wants it cheap. If i end up not keeping the car im parting it out :'( O well ill keep you updated hopefully i can get my grandmas monte carlo for 4 grand and make cheap payments on it and save up money to fix the car and add it as another car on my insurance. MAYBE ILL MAKE IT A TRACK CAR LOL!