Cobl18's 98 Civic Ex Slow build thread

Cobl18

Registered VIP
O I see I thought LCA was a name brand :p sorry I'm really a noob when it comes to suspension. Well pretty much my whole suspension is work out. My front and back drivers side shocks pop because their blown. I'll crawl under the car and see if the LCA's are blown. How easy are they to replace? Any special tools needed?

emerican

Registered VIP
The bolts are almost always seized into the bushings so they are usally a serious pain in the ass to do.
I got lucky and only one bolt was hung in their, but ive helped people do them where they where so bad we had to tourch and cut just about every bolt out it all just depends.
No specialty tools needed really if your gonna start doing it be prepared to have them be a b***h. Impacts regualr tools air chisel ball ping hammer and rubber dead blow hammer is what got mine out.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
I see thanks for the info! Do they help give the car a tighter suspension feeling at all?

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The new struts & springs will help stiffen up the ride, subframe, tie bar, sway bar will help with the body roll so when you turn corners the car doesn't throw you around as much, it makes the car feel like it's riding on rails, all good things.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
woohoo like that roller coaster feeling haha! well this Thursday is bill day so i wont be getting anything this week, and next week Im buying Christmas presents but ill probably take pictures of the car and clean it up a bit.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
long time since i have been on here, i sold my civic for 1,500 dollars because the head gasket was leaky (although the guy i sold it to still drives it lol) and it was just falling a part and i was just tired of messing with it. check out under the parts for sale section im selling a reverse gauge bezel and a full size tire extra cheap. I got a nice VW Passat that's turbo charged and I love it, all though i still get behind the wheel of my old car because i sold it to one of my good friends at work. I plan on building it but we will see what happens.