Code P0302

Rikvicious

I bought my 02 civic LX in January. I got a good couple months out if it. It started misifiring 4 or 5 months ago and then failed to start one day. We replaced a bunch of things like exahsuat manifold, all 4 fuel injectors and new fuel filter. Still wasnt running right. We finally got our own obd2 reader and the codes I pulled from there were random misfires, TDC no signal and this P1298 or ELD. I ordered the TDC and ELD and put it in last night. I replaced the TDC first and no start, and the code was for the ELD, so I put that in.It fired right up but was idling rough and kept throwing the ELD code and a misfire on cylinder 2. I cant figure out what the damn problem is. I've been dealing with this for 3 months and I'm about to throw in the towel. Can anyone help me? PLEASE.

D-RAS03

I bought my 02 civic LX in January. I got a good couple months out if it. It started misifiring 4 or 5 months ago and then failed to start one day. We replaced a bunch of things like exahsuat manifold, all 4 fuel injectors and new fuel filter. Still wasnt running right. We finally got our own obd2 reader and the codes I pulled from there were random misfires, TDC no signal and this P1298 or ELD. I ordered the TDC and ELD and put it in last night. I replaced the TDC first and no start, and the code was for the ELD, so I put that in.It fired right up but was idling rough and kept throwing the ELD code and a misfire on cylinder 2. I cant figure out what the damn problem is. I've been dealing with this for 3 months and I'm about to throw in the towel. Can anyone help me? PLEASE.
Have you tested the charging system? The alternator could be putting out to much voltage. For the misfire I would suggest swapping the Ignition coil with a different cylinder and see if the misfire changes with the change to a different cylinder. Try that and let us know what you come up with and we'll go from there.

Rikvicious

I figured out the issue with the ELD. It was not plugged into the connector. Now I'm getting a misifire on cylinder 2 code. Tested coils and they are fine. Not sure where to go from here aside from a compression test. But I'm not so sure this is mechanical

Rikvicious

We did switch coils around and the misfire stayed on cylinder 2. What are the chances of bad head gasket? I have never had an overheating issue. Someone also said maybe worn piston rings? These both sound VERY expensive. Not sure if it's worth fixing or not

D-RAS03

We did switch coils around and the misfire stayed on cylinder 2. What are the chances of bad head gasket? I have never had an overheating issue. Someone also said maybe worn piston rings? These both sound VERY expensive. Not sure if it's worth fixing or not
What do the spark plugs look like?

D-RAS03

Cylinder 2 plug was very dark. The rest were white. They are brand new. Put in last week
Spark plug doesn't look to bad. Maybe running a little rich but I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think piston rings would be the issue but is a possibility. Check your oil and see if it looks good or if it's foamy. Check your coolant and see if it's low. I would do a compression test and see what the results are.

Rikvicious

I just discovered a MAJOR fuel leak coming from the bottom of the engine. I believe it is the return fuel line. Could this cause a misfire on a single cylinder? I'm sure it's unlikely. I have not done a compression test because I do not feel safe doing anything until the fuel leak is taken care of

D-RAS03

I just discovered a MAJOR fuel leak coming from the bottom of the engine. I believe it is the return fuel line. Could this cause a misfire on a single cylinder? I'm sure it's unlikely. I have not done a compression test because I do not feel safe doing anything until the fuel leak is taken care of
On a single cylinder is not likely but all my years working on cars I have seen very strange things. Hopefully that's your issue. Let's us know what happens when you get the leak fixed.

Rikvicious

UPDATE: found massive fuel leak was coming from an injector on cylinder 3. Could be causing the misfire on cylinder 2. And 90% sure my headgasket is bad. Yikes. This guy offered to do it for $500 so I think I'm gonna do it

D-RAS03

UPDATE: found massive fuel leak was coming from an injector on cylinder 3. Could be causing the misfire on cylinder 2. And 90% sure my headgasket is bad. Yikes. This guy offered to do it for $500 so I think I'm gonna do it
What makes you think you have a bad head gasket?

Rikvicious

The misfire issue that we cant get rid of. I went through 2 gallons of coolant and didnt pay any attention to it. The first speak plugs I pulled when I got the thing had white deposits all over them. We are going to do a test to verify