Coil Over Problem

Luke_Green

Respected
I installed coilovers last night on my 2005 civic and today when I was driving today I noticed that when I make right turns the car sounds like the tires are chirping like its losing traction but Im not going fast at all and this didn't do this when I was on stock suspension so I know its not the tires being bald. I was wondering if anyone ever had this similar problem and or has a solution to it.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Which side of the car? And how low are you? Do you have a bunch of negative camber? Got pics?

Luke_Green

Respected
Which side of the car? And how low are you? Do you have a bunch of negative camber? Got pics?
pretty low I can get pics tomorrow, no camber in the front just the rear. After driving it tonight the tires chirp on both sides when making right and left turns at a speed more then 5 mph. My guess is that the alignment is f'd up. To make the car go straight the wheel is tilted. I work at a car dealership so I'm gonna do an alignment tomorrow at work. Hopefully this will fix it.

Luke_Green

Respected
You answered your own question!

:thumbup:

How many miles do you drive to work? The front tires may be completely worn out before you get there. :P
about half a mile....I made it, did the alignment car does not chirp tires anymore. My coils were actually not matching heights in the front as well that could have been helping to problem.