Coil Pack issue

sigmanx

So my 2002 LX keeps blowing a coil pack on #2. Plug gaps are correct, replaced all the coils about 6 months ago and I’ve had to replace the #2 coil 3 times since. Two of those were within 2 days of each other. I just get misfire codes for that cylinder, rough idle even when the coil isn’t blown. Earlier this year the car was throwing ghost codes about stuff that wasn’t bad (IAC, TPS, etc). As far as I know there should be 2 circuits for the coils, signal and primary with the ground of course. Signal to/from the computer and power from the battery/charging system. Not sure if this is 100% correct as I haven’t been able to find a print on this system to check it and all my tools got stollen out of my car a while back. Any thoughts? It’s been feeling to me like it may be computer related, but I’d like to se what other options are possible as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With the "failure" of those coils within 2 days I am almost inclined to think it is ECU related.

sigmanx

With the "failure" of those coils within 2 days I am almost inclined to think it is ECU related.
I’ve been honestly feeling that myself especially with the ghost codes it threw earlier this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk