coilover problem

yungjay

I'm having a problem with adjusting my coilovers so I recently got new wheels and tires for my 96 civic and was adjusting my ride Hight to avoid rubbing, I made sure to measure each side so they are the same Hight but they seem to still be uneven when I jack the car down one side seems to be significantly lower although they are the same Hight, iv even tried adjusting the lower side higher to compensate for how lower that side is any subjections on what I'm doing wrong?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Get your tape measure out and adjust each corner respective to attain the ride height you are after.

Just remember to adjust the height ring and not the ring which will change the spring rate. So in other words do not extend or compress the spring to attain height. Adjust the cylinder, some people tend to do this improperly and it destroys the ride quality and shortens the life of the shock if valving is not adjusted appropriately in response to stroke, blah blah blah Im branching off the original topic now. /highAsAgiraffesNutSack

yungjay

Get your tape measure out and adjust each corner respective to attain the ride height you are after.

Just remember to adjust the height ring and not the ring which will change the spring rate. So in other words do not extend or compress the spring to attain height. Adjust the cylinder, some people tend to do this improperly and it destroys the ride quality and shortens the life of the shock if valving is not adjusted appropriately in response to stroke, blah blah blah Im branching off the original topic now. /highAsAgiraffesNutSack
Alright I have adjusted them so they sit at the right height on both sides now but the coilovers are adjusted at different measurements is this normal?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Alright I have adjusted them so they sit at the right height on both sides now but the coilovers are adjusted at different measurements is this normal?
The measurements shouldn't be drastically different. As long as the springs compressed (on the ground) measure the same on the front and rear respectively then you should be in good shape.