Coilovers for 7th gen?

PrototypeTuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all,

I've got the tokico adjustable coilovers in my 94 civic and tein basicsin my girl's 00 Si. My girl's sister has an 01 civic coupe that she wants to drop. Any ideas? I've been in a 02 rsx-s with tanabe Sustec Pro S-0C Coilovers and the RQ was nice. I do not know much 'bout the 7th gen suspension setup, that's where I need your help. Would the tanabes be something worth buying? or should she take the tein route? She is not looking for maximum performance, but rather RQ and a good suspension. She likes the feel of the basics, but that's riding in a 00 Si? is that comparable? Lemme know all...Thanks!

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Id say basics.. I mean, its tein quality, a good ride, impoves handling but nothing crazy.. but she doesnt want that, so I think the teins would be a good choice..

h01civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Personally Like The B&g Suspension That I Have On My 01 Civic, But Before I Had B&g I Had Nuespeed Race Springs On It And It Was Bouncy At Times But It Did Look Good.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Basics are a good bet! There are some issues with coil-overs on the 7thgens,minor but still a pia. Lot of peps, me included, just stay with a good lowering spring.

civic03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea.. coilovers are definatly more useful.. but a good lowering spring w/ shocks will also do a great job + it's much cheaper then coilovers~ =D

PrototypeTuner

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
h01civic said:
I Personally Like The B&g Suspension That I Have On My 01 Civic, But Before I Had B&g I Had Nuespeed Race Springs On It And It Was Bouncy At Times But It Did Look Good.

do they come with upper pillowmounts? is the ride quality forgiving?

BEPERF

5+ Year Member
Just wait a bit, Omni's will be out soon!!!!! Give it another few weeks.