Coilovers for DD and looks?

Tato77

I'm looking into coilovers for around 7-800 bucks for my 06 coupe. I've been looking at Godspeed, Cx racing, Tein, and Megan. I can't find a straight answer, I'm not going to a track I just wanna lower it and just for daily driving. I'm not spending more. I just wanna see what the best ones to get are in this price range. My stock suspension is blown to s**t. Idc about cornering or anything. Maybe a smoother ride if I can. I want them all the way around so I can adjust it how I want when I want. I was looking into getting 18s on a 225/40R18. Any suggestions would be appreciated in that price range!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I have Tein Street Advance on my RSX, which I think might in the range. Very happy with them.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Out of your list, Tein is by far the best coilover. The rest are poor quality.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Let's be the oddball and say that personally I don't like TEINs, they were went low enough for me or any of my buddies who've owned them. As far as cheaper coilovers, it tends to be a hit or miss. Brands I PERSONALLY trust (this varies from person to person): D2, BC, Godspeed, and a couple other ones that are a bit more expensive.
If I was in the market for cheap coilovers, I'd go with: Godspeed, Megan, F&Fs, or Yonaka, in that order. If you could spend a little more, I'd invest in some coilovers with dampening adjustment which is my favorite part of my suspension as of right now. You can adjust whether it drives like a shopping cart or a boat (as far as stiffness without changing the ride height).

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...when a coilovers only downside is that it doesn't go lower than a very functional ride height...

Tato77

Thanks guys. I'm looking at these god speed monos.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OALARH6/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1486070077&sr=1-4&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:4716096011,5567060011&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&vehicle=2006-59-752-191--7-6-5-8041--1-1---1-0&dpPl=1&dpID=51cW37blkdL&ref=plSrch ... they look clean and there red to match my car that's what caught my eye so I did research and I didn't find much because they're "new"? Anyway, I was looking to drop my car 1.5ish maybe 2 if I can get it... I just want to eliminate the gaps but soon I'll be getting 18s so idk how low I'll need to go

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Thanks guys. I'm looking at these god speed monos.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00OALARH6/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1486070077&sr=1-4&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_browse-bin:4716096011,5567060011&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&vehicle=2006-59-752-191--7-6-5-8041--1-1---1-0&dpPl=1&dpID=51cW37blkdL&ref=plSrch ... they look clean and there red to match my car that's what caught my eye so I did research and I didn't find much because they're "new"? Anyway, I was looking to drop my car 1.5ish maybe 2 if I can get it... I just want to eliminate the gaps but soon I'll be getting 18s so idk how low I'll need to go
I'd personally get those if I were you, they are usually priced closer to $800 or so, at least for my generation Civic. Those say they drop 0-3 inches so I think you'll be fine as long as you install them correctly (which it isn't very hard to do). The bigger the wheels, the less you'll have to drop the car to close up the gap. I'm not saying put on some 22"s, but I bet 18s won't be hard to make look good. Now if you put on some 16s you're gonna need to seriously drop that car to the ground to make it look good/proper IMO. Good luck

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well some of us look for more than your "modest drop", so I figured I'd point it out.
I fully understand that...I was simply pointing out the clear indication that they are a quality coilover beyond the rest that was listed. When their only downfall is personal preference, that's a good sign. How many products out there are that reputable, ya know.

Tato77

I'd personally get those if I were you, they are usually priced closer to $800 or so, at least for my generation Civic. Those say they drop 0-3 inches so I think you'll be fine as long as you install them correctly (which it isn't very hard to do). The bigger the wheels, the less you'll have to drop the car to close up the gap. I'm not saying put on some 22"s, but I bet 18s won't be hard to make look good. Now if you put on some 16s you're gonna need to seriously drop that car to the ground to make it look good/proper IMO. Good luck
wait, I was talking to my buddy and I didn't really think of this, but the rear won't be adjustable or will it?

Tato77

Will god speed be alittle more comfy of a ride from stock ? And u said it can drop 0-3 inches so the back is adjustable like the front? Or am I stuck with how it comes ? Sorry I just never have done this before

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Will god speed be alittle more comfy of a ride from stock ? And u said it can drop 0-3 inches so the back is adjustable like the front? Or am I stuck with how it comes ? Sorry I just never have done this before
These are fully adjustable both the front and the rear. You might want to watch videos on Youtube on how to adjust them if you've never done it before. And there is no way to get coilovers that lower your car to have a better ride than stock. Stock is the only thing that will ride like it. Lowering? makes it stiffer and sometimes can be described as bouncy depending on your set up.