COLD AIR INTAKE + 95 CIVIC EX=???

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 4 cylinder 2.3 l vtech under my 95 civic ex hood and i want to add a cold air intake will that inhance my speed and clean out my engine too? O and well where can I find he word CIVIC and EX tht you wuld find on the body mine are missing. Those went on the rear right , where can I find one?
-- April

The Civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since you've posted the same thing twice I'll give you the same answer in both places

Originally posted by "The Civic"

First off I've got to ask... Are you sure that it's a 2.3L? I believe the 95 ex has a d16 1.6L with vtec. In either case a cold air intake won't really do that much for the car. It's a building block mod though. If you're going to want to do a lot to the car you'll definately want to help out the intake flow. Most intakes advertise 10-15 hp but the most you should really expect out of them is 5whp. It'll make a nice growl too when you step on the gas.
BTW the decals on a 95 Civic are vinyl stickers. If your local Honda dealer doesn't have them you can have them made in any color at a vinyl decal & banner shop.

Ken

bolt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i own a 95 EX too and for the EX class that year the word CIVIC is a chrome colored plastic and EX is nowhere to be found the DX HX ect. have vinal sticker instead of the plastic... Yea 95 EX's also have a D16 1.6L VTEC

bolt

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i own a 95 EX too and for the EX class that year the word CIVIC is a chrome colored plastic and EX is nowhere to be found the DX HX ect. have vinal sticker instead of the plastic... Yea 95 EX's also have a D16 1.6L VTEC

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well last time i checked that is what it said and the engine had been replaced so I m guessing that is what they put in, so i don't know what else to tell you besides I bought it from someone else and I guess they did that mod.

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if it came stock with a sunroof its an ex, no question about that one.

go look at your engine. there should be a stamp on it like drilled writting into it on a little plaque. its on the left side, on the metal part. what is the engine code? (i.e. D16Y8)

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No, I don;t have any pics of he engine, but i can get you some. And yes it came with a sunroof.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u should try and post some pics of the engine, then we could help u out better. ;) =)

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeh, or that. but if it's a 2.3 i'd LOVE to see pics of it.. :D

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what is v-tech?????

i thought it was v-tec, isn't it written on the engine, or on the car somewhere.

how could you own a honda with a v-tec engine, and then go and call it a v-tech???

you should be embarassed :oops:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
she just didn't know position..eh. a lot of people dont. she might BE embarassed, but yur not helping dude.

civicchic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sick civic thanks, and position..eh i know its a vtech you look under my hood and tel me what i got next time ok. Your not here and I am sorry but dam it was just a question.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no prob civicchic95, but BTW, it's "VTEC" not vtech, that's what position..eh was trying to get accross. =)

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well it stands for something (VARIABLE TIMING and Lift ELECTRONIC CONTROL). it's understandable that u didn't know, hardly anyone does. position..eh was just being a.. not so nice person.. about it. but just FYI u know.. :D