combustion chamber rust*** please help

bobukler

5+ Year Member
i took off my LS head a few weeks ago....i was getting ready to put on the b16 head for an LSvtec build....then i noticed that there was a little bit of surface rust inside the piston chamber.....it wasnt there before.....what should i do to remove it????...because im sure its not good.

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just get some wd40 and spray some on a cloth then whipe it around the surface rust

bobukler

5+ Year Member
ok...thanx...wasnt sure if that would be safe or not.....just wasnt sure....will it take it all the way off?

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it should. how badly is it rusted? i had mine sitting for a week and i got a clotch like paper towel and sprayed some wd40 on the paper towel and started to rub on he rust. what you can do to get rid of the wd40 on the walls is get some brake cleaner and spray that on a paper towel and then rub around where u put the wd 40. after i did this i got some regular engine oil and put that on a paper towel and coated the walls with it to prevent anymore rust...

bobukler

5+ Year Member
AliasNeo said:
it should. how badly is it rusted? i had mine sitting for a week and i got a clotch like paper towel and sprayed some wd40 on the paper towel and started to rub on he rust. what you can do to get rid of the wd40 on the walls is get some brake cleaner and spray that on a paper towel and then rub around where u put the wd 40. after i did this i got some regular engine oil and put that on a paper towel and coated the walls with it to prevent anymore rust...
ok.....thanx man