Comp + Virus = Slow Comp

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, I'm sure my comp as a virus or some type of spyware that i can't seem to remove. I get small pop ups here and there with just casion online advertisments. Anyone know anygood free virus removers or anything like that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If I remember right AVG is a good one. Get Ad-Aware too in case you have spyware. Just do a google for free virus scan and you should see some. AVG was always one my teachers would talk about at school. If you need any help you can pm me.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got xp, 2000, or ME? Jump back a few days, fixed mine.

can87

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you wanna pay some dollars get kaspersky. and search ur comp with ad-aware too.

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Norton/Symantec. Boot up in safe mode then run a virus scan, it finds a lot more things

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr.Luder said:
i have win xp how do i boot in safe mode?
f**k, I forget the easy way. Um...can you get into your bios? You can save and start in safe mode I beleive.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Microsoft.com said:
To start the computer in safe mode

1.You should print these instructions before continuing. They will not be available after you shut your computer down in step 2.

2.Click Start and then click Shut Down.

3.In the drop-down list of the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.

4.As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8.
On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press F8 when the boot menu appears.

5.Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER.

6.If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
what i did to remove mass virus' and spyware i had:
1. made sure i had ad-aware, spywareblaster, spybot search & destroy, norton/symantec
2. update all problems in regular mode
3. reboot in safe mode
4. run each program
5. reboot in safe mode again
6. run each program again
7. start in regular mode
8. run each program again
9. reboot

yeah something like that. worked for me. the main thing u need is patience.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have AVG and it got all the viruses off my computer! its a great program!