Contest?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for a contest or something so that some members can win a set of decals if they win? it would go on once a week, any ideas??

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wse shud have like 5 diff lil' 1s because for moderator/gold/silver/bronze/noob members. little stuff like how much hp does a b18c1 have. but how wud it work wud u draw out of a hat and how do we no if ur not cheating??????

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good idea...but i have no suggestions whatsoever

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
we could just have people enter that wanted to, and raffel them off. or something like that.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

we could just have people enter that wanted to, and raffel them off. or something like that.
thats about the only thing i can think of.... sense ima be @ work all night tonight, i might try to come up with some ideas, but this will be a tuffy

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry, i feel asleep at work, never got a chance to think of anything...

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for the contest the winner should recive a certian amout of points on how hard the ques is

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like that idea.......... points for a right answer.... and maybe you can purchase a set of stickers with x amount of points..............

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how about each week/month awarding a person or few people with a "post of the week/month", one that displays superior technical knoweldge, insight, wit, etc. you can break it up any way you want, by noobs/bronze/gold etc, by forum, or by just doing it for anything. rewarding the poster with either stickers, points, or some other small reward is all thats needed, or maybe if you can get the sponsors in on it, maybe a special discount on something, like an extra 5 or 10% off of any one item in their store. this will help the board fourfold- it will increase the number of high quality posts by the more knowelgeable members and hopefully attracting more knowelgeable members, it will provide more information to noob's asking questions, it will get the sponsors more involved, giving a more active particapation in the board than just a banner ad, and by distributing stickers it promotes the website to anyone who sees the winners car. instead of having a set question that anyone can look up the answer to, lets see if we can get people working hard at every post they make.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it shouldnt just be based on knowledge though, i know you said it by insight, wit, etc. but you stressed knowledge since you personally know quit a bit about cars (thanks for helping me bleed my brakes by the way). but a lot of us are on here trying to learn, so dont know much. we would end up being SOL. but yeah, doing it by knowledge, wit, or total randomness would be cool. it would reward the smart, funny, and odd ones!

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "handlebarsfsr"

how about each week/month awarding a person or few people with a "post of the week/month", one that displays superior technical knoweldge, insight, wit, etc. you can break it up any way you want, by noobs/bronze/gold etc, by forum, or by just doing it for anything. rewarding the poster with either stickers, points, or some other small reward is all thats needed, or maybe if you can get the sponsors in on it, maybe a special discount on something, like an extra 5 or 10% off of any one item in their store. this will help the board fourfold- it will increase the number of high quality posts by the more knowelgeable members and hopefully attracting more knowelgeable members, it will provide more information to noob's asking questions, it will get the sponsors more involved, giving a more active particapation in the board than just a banner ad, and by distributing stickers it promotes the website to anyone who sees the winners car. instead of having a set question that anyone can look up the answer to, lets see if we can get people working hard at every post they make.
wholly crap... that makes the most sense out of anything i have read in a long time....
you can win the first unofficial "POST OF THE WEEK" :D

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

it shouldnt just be based on knowledge though, i know you said it by insight, wit, etc. but you stressed knowledge since you personally know quit a bit about cars (thanks for helping me bleed my brakes by the way). but a lot of us are on here trying to learn, so dont know much. we would end up being SOL. but yeah, doing it by knowledge, wit, or total randomness would be cool. it would reward the smart, funny, and odd ones!
i was not trying to promote myself in any way there. i used that as an example because i post at a lot of other message boards, and unfortunately, this one has a very high concentration of noob's to the sport, and it has a lot of misinformation floating around. there are plenty of funny, random posts here, but (speaking in contrast to some other boards) not much very good technical info. how about having a post of the week/month for tech and one for wit/humor? then everyone can get involved and has a chance to win.