Cooling fan issue...need help

DieselForDinner

Wifes 05 civic Cooling and Ac fans have not been working. Car seems to be holding a healthy temp but could not get fans to kick on no matter how long i let idle which didnt seem right to me...went through the diagnostics on the cooling fan side...swapped relays, jumped fans they worked, jumped ect plug, fans worked...replaced coolant temp sensor and fan control switch, fans still wont come on. Figured thermostat is good because lower hose is cold until car warms up then i feel warm coolant flowing through. Also dont hear ac clutch engaging when turned on. Could the problem with the 2 fans be related? Also need to point out had water pump replaced with timing belt about 4 months ago. Heat works fine btw. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

alex98

Wifes 05 civic Cooling and Ac fans have not been working. Car seems to be holding a healthy temp but could not get fans to kick on no matter how long i let idle which didnt seem right to me...went through the diagnostics on the cooling fan side...swapped relays, jumped fans they worked, jumped ect plug, fans worked...replaced coolant temp sensor and fan control switch, fans still wont come on. Figured thermostat is good because lower hose is cold until car warms up then i feel warm coolant flowing through. Also dont hear ac clutch engaging when turned on. Could the problem with the 2 fans be related? Also need to point out had water pump replaced with timing belt about 4 months ago. Heat works fine btw. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Are you overheating? Does your A/C come on even though you're not hearing the clutch engage? How's the weather where you're at?