couple h-series questions

lilskater519

Bronze!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i just got skunk2 pro series intake mani, skunk2 70mm tb, and hondata gasket for my jdm h22a transplant ek. i was wondering if since my intake mani will be out and all that jazz if it would make any sense to get some fuel system s**t. i am planning on also getting s300/p28 and tune.
would i benefit anything at this point to do rc 440cc injectors, (undecided brand) fuel rail and FPR or if i should just wait to do my head build/P&P and tune then fuel s**t?

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i just got skunk2 pro series intake mani, skunk2 70mm tb, and hondata gasket for my jdm h22a transplant ek. i was wondering if since my intake mani will be out and all that jazz if it would make any sense to get some fuel system s**t. i am planning on also getting s300/p28 and tune.
would i benefit anything at this point to do rc 440cc injectors, (undecided brand) fuel rail and FPR or if i should just wait to do my head build/P&P and tune then fuel s**t?
would depend on what other mods you have? intake header exhaust? i think your throttle body is a bit big for your application especially with no boost and not a fully built N/A.. anything bigger than 65mm on a stock internals car is just rediculous and actually might hurt your power.. just my .02 anyone correct me if im wrong...

lilskater519

Bronze!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would depend on what other mods you have? intake header exhaust? i think your throttle body is a bit big for your application especially with no boost and not a fully built N/A.. anything bigger than 65mm on a stock internals car is just rediculous and actually might hurt your power.. just my .02 anyone correct me if im wrong...
Ps/ac delete, RMF 4-1 narrow tube drag header replica, custom 3" SRI, blox filter and velocity stack, 2.5-2.25 full exhaust w/ no cat or resonators.
theres a dude with an eg and my exact same set up w/ the 70mm tb and intake mani tuned on s300 making 220 wheel so im mocking his build.h-series loves large induction systems/exhausts. i will have a fully built head and port and polish by the end of summer so it will be fully built n/a.
so what do u think now?
ive done research and ive read if im not boosted or rediculasly built fuel injectors may be unnecessary and drop mpg and some power. i just wanna get as much s**t outta the way while i can.

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ps/ac delete, RMF 4-1 narrow tube drag header replica, custom 3" SRI, blox filter and velocity stack, 2.5-2.25 full exhaust w/ no cat or resonators.
theres a dude with an eg and my exact same set up w/ the 70mm tb and intake mani tuned on s300 making 220 wheel so im mocking his build.h-series loves large induction systems/exhausts. i will have a fully built head and port and polish by the end of summer so it will be fully built n/a.
so what do u think now?
ive done research and ive read if im not boosted or rediculasly built fuel injectors may be unnecessary and drop mpg and some power. i just wanna get as much s**t outta the way while i can.
like i was saying before.. still a little overkill on the TB size.. i wasn't trying to be rude.. just relaying what ive witnessed. my friend has a built ITR motor with the stock ITR TB making 220 WHP.. he had the 70mm skunk2 tb and it made 216, when he switched back to the stock ITR TB bumped it up to 220 WHP... just sayin 70mm on a 4 cyl engine is kinda silly... i do however love your header choice.. there was great feedback with the RMF narrow header... as for the 3" intake might also be a little overkill... but thats my personal opinion, since you will be building the head and running that big 70mm TB it might be required....

lilskater519

Bronze!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like i was saying before.. still a little overkill on the TB size.. i wasn't trying to be rude.. just relaying what ive witnessed. my friend has a built ITR motor with the stock ITR TB making 220 WHP.. he had the 70mm skunk2 tb and it made 216, when he switched back to the stock ITR TB bumped it up to 220 WHP... just sayin 70mm on a 4 cyl engine is kinda silly... i do however love your header choice.. there was great feedback with the RMF narrow header... as for the 3" intake might also be a little overkill... but thats my personal opinion, since you will be building the head and running that big 70mm TB it might be required....
yea idk im just following this dudes build because its reigned successfuly for just bolt ons. People actually gain 4 whp and 3 wtq from going from 2.25 exhaust to 3" on h series so i think they like over kill.
i went 3" intake because phantomskater on here refered me to it (he actually has ran up to 3.5")and i actually notice a big diff+the vstack in correlation to the i/h/e so who knows. we'll see when i get it all on and tuned.

but id still like some feedback on my initial questioning(fuel system), everything else is bought and going to be installed regardless based on the research ive made on my specific engine.

btw this is the build im refering to that made 219 wheel stock internals tuned on s300.

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea idk im just following this dudes build because its reigned successfuly for just bolt ons. People actually gain 4 whp and 3 wtq from going from 2.25 exhaust to 3" on h series so i think they like over kill.
i went 3" intake because phantomskater on here refered me to it (he actually has ran up to 3.5")and i actually notice a big diff+the vstack in correlation to the i/h/e so who knows. we'll see when i get it all on and tuned.

but id still like some feedback on my initial questioning(fuel system), everything else is bought and going to be installed regardless based on the research ive made on my specific engine.

btw this is the build im refering to that made 219 wheel stock internals tuned on s300.
the 440's would be a good idea.. i wouldnt put them in untill your at the place getting tuned though because they'll make your car run funny and possibly even lean, which would not be good at all.. they gotta be tuned.. so yea i would buy them... and definately a FPR.. but the fuel rail you can hold out on.. stock honda fuel rails are good upto like 500ish HP... the thing about honda fuel systems that restrict their flow is the fuel fittings and fuel filter.. if you upgrade your lines and put an in-line filter in you'll have much better flow.. hope i helped with your issues..

lilskater519

Bronze!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the 440's would be a good idea.. i wouldnt put them in untill your at the place getting tuned though because they'll make your car run funny and possibly even lean, which would not be good at all.. they gotta be tuned.. so yea i would buy them... and definately a FPR.. but the fuel rail you can hold out on.. stock honda fuel rails are good upto like 500ish HP... the thing about honda fuel systems that restrict their flow is the fuel fittings and fuel filter.. if you upgrade your lines and put an in-line filter in you'll have much better flow.. hope i helped with your issues..
nice! yea man definently helped lol people see "H22A" now days and immediatly avoid helping me. its hard as f**k to figure anything out.