Couple new questions regarding a suspension setup for 99 EX

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have 99 EX coupe with 16” wheels and 205/45/16 tires (70k miles on it)
My original question was regarding OE H&R springs as my setup.

After doing some research and doing basic measurements on how small my fender gap would be I decided to get Eibach Pro-Kit that lowers 1.5” and 1.3” (front and rear respectively) Is there anyone on this forum using these springs? I know that with those springs I need to change shocks. I guessing that a non-adjustable will be the best (I do not drive on a race track etc and I do want to sacrifice a ride comfort). Can anyone recommend something that would mach these springs? What other components should I be looking to change/add when going with Pro-Kit.
Does anyone have any experience with http://www.driversimage.com/home.htm shop in Chicago ? I just do not want to be a person where they will be able to sell everything saying that I need that because I do not know what else I might need for my setup.

Are there any other cheaper alternatives?
BTW I have not driven any similar setups that I am looking to do. What can I expect from such setup ? Am I going to sacrifice a driving comfort.? Since this is my only car and I put lots of miles that is my biggest concert at this point.

thanks again for any info

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eibach pro-kit with kyb non adjustable will be just fine for your setup. i had eibach pro-kit with koni yellows on my last car and it rides really smooth. the only thing it lack was the handling, but i always want something that's better so dont mind me.

i personally have sat in a car with pro-kit and kyb. i driven one too. ride comfort is almost like stock, just a little bumpier but that's understandable.

the only thing you'll need is just the springs and shocks. you probably wont even need camber kit. jsut make sure you take the car to an alignment shop afterward.

if you short of money, the h&r oe spring will go with your stock shocks. it just wont lower your car much visually.

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: Couple new questions regarding a suspension setup for 99

imazn

Thanks again for all great info
my issue is that I can not find KYB non-adjustable anywhere. I do not even seem to find a website for the vendor. Can you tell me what else is good (recommended) for my setup that is under $300 for all 4 shocks?

Thanks

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uhhh im not really good with prices BUT try looking at koni red (they're the non adjustable ones) and also look at tokico. i think the tokico might be over 3 bills. try looking at groupbuycenter.com they have good prices sometimes.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does Eibach recommend any complete kits to go with the Pro-Kit? If you want matched springs/shocks, that'd be your best bet.

mlody

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: Couple new questions regarding a suspension setup for 99

I was sold on Eibach Pro-Kit, but I found Tokico Kit (springs and shocks - blue series (performance) for about $370 - part # HPK201A. That is almost $150 less than buying Eibach pro-kit and any non-adjustable shocks. Any thoughs on that kit ? is it worth the money? How Tokico springs compare to Eibach ? I am sorry for all those questions, but I am short on budget and if I do not see any benefits to pay for the same setup $150 more, I will go for cheaper (if it is comparable quality). BTW Tokico lowers 1.5" front and rear whereas Ebach pro-kit 1.5 front and 1.3 rear

Thanks

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry im not very knowledgeable with this Tokico kit. if i were you i would do some research. i would give tokico and ask them what's the advantage and disadvantage of their kit. how the compare to regular spring/shock kit like Eibach. ask them about the spring rate and if they're progressive or not.