Couponing!!!!

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So being what I still consider a newlywed (Less than 2 yrs) I am always looking for ways to save money, especially in the economy we live in. So my wife and I started couponing yesterday with the help of a friend, and purchased $76.13 worth of groceries and only paid $35.38 for a total savings of $40.75! That was our very first trip and we are looking forward to getting better at couponing. Have you tried it? How'd it go?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
we do it too mayne, we have to, kids are expencive, lol

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LOL.... Its funny because of all the different ways to get the most out of couponing... People don't know that you can double up, you can combine certain ones, you can print some out... crazy stuff... Our mentor has bought things for free and only paid taxes and earned gas cards or gift cards... lol They pay her to shop!

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I work at Walmart and one time I was doing a carry out for a lady who bought giant book shelf. She paid for the book shelf on its own bill, then I waited at the register while she had everything else cashed out. The grand total was $87.xx dollars. They typed in all the coupons then the total was -15.43. She made $15! I was thinking I need to do this after that.

Edit: it was pretty cool but she had a giant binder sorted into categories. It must have taken hours of searching for the coupons. Lol

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My mom was a coupon clipper, and I try to use them but can never find them. We don't get the paper so we don't get the Sunday coupons. I won't sign up on websites b/c they spam the s**t out of even my junk email. All coupons I find online are for s**t I don't need/use.

It's like if you don't have kids, are a super healthy eater, and don't want to buy junk all the time, coupons don't apply to you. :(

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont they have a show about this now
Yea, Extreme Couponing. It takes more time/dedication than sometimes worth, but then sometimes people will spend like $35 for $800 worth of product.
The huge issue I see w/ extreme couponing is that you buy in bulk, therefore product can expire, so you're wasting(i don't care if you spent little to nothing, it's still wasteful-the american way), and/or you're creating more room in a home to HOLD all the product. Or just cluttering.

Extreme couponing is valid IMO to only the idiots w/ 8+ kids.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah Kelly I agree, however, it depends. Like for us, we are youth pastors so we take the things that we won't or don't consume and donate them to the church. We just bought four boxes of general mills cereals for like 2.50, but they expire in late 2012, so we are good on cereal... things like that why not stock pile. I agree with not buying 500 boxes of cereal just because its costing 50 bucks, but a couple of things here and there, why not... lol. We bought six packets of cookie dough.... 3.00. We are going to make cookies for the youth and use it as a fundraiser....

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah Kelly I agree, however, it depends. Like for us, we are youth pastors so we take the things that we won't or don't consume and donate them to the church. We just bought four boxes of general mills cereals for like 2.50, but they expire in late 2012, so we are good on cereal... things like that why not stock pile. I agree with not buying 500 boxes of cereal just because its costing 50 bucks, but a couple of things here and there, why not... lol. We bought six packets of cookie dough.... 3.00. We are going to make cookies for the youth and use it as a fundraiser....
You're using it productively. For people like myself, coupons seldom benefit me.

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Haha... I hear ya Kelly... just wait til you have 8+ kids hahahaha....

Jose1027

Registered VIP
my mom loves coupons lol..im honestly to lazy to look for them..

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk

krooked32

its just beyond me that people can rack up bills in the thousands and pay 20 bucks for it. pure craziness! hook me up though lol!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Honestly, I have thought about it. I just simply don't have the patience. I'm sure once I have a wife and kids that'll change though.....

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
John neither do I... I let my wife find all the coupons... then we go and we tackle the task together.... Its like a scavenger hunt... we were in publix for like three hours and didn't do anything but laugh up and down the aisles lol....

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
John neither do I... I let my wife find all the coupons... then we go and we tackle the task together.... Its like a scavenger hunt... we were in publix for like three hours and didn't do anything but laugh up and down the aisles lol....
That's cute. I like shopping to a certain point. If it's fun, I could spend hours doing it. But if it's work, I get annoyed pretty fast lol.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am NOT having 8+ kids!