Crank pulley yes or no ???

FR75D

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I 've heard that if you install after market crank pulley it's going to damage your crank......
Is that true and is the difference worth it ?????

97dxhatch

5+ Year Member
i heard pulleys don't really add to much hp

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well aftermarket crank pulleys does not have a dampner(sp??) on them so over time yes it can damage the crank.. however if u install everything correctly and make sure its on there straight.... in the performance area.. every little bit helps.. like if u only do the crank u will get minimal gains but if u do the steering and alt. pulley u will get more gains..

infinitexsound

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont waste ur money...

i wouldnt spend my money on pulleys... if my motor wasnt gonna be built at the bottom end, its a waste of time and dollars...rather waste it on a better clutch and flywheel..or a DIY turbo setup..... atleast by that youlld know for sure your gonna get some serious HP gains...

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: dont waste ur money...

Originally posted by "infinitexsound"

rather waste it on a better clutch and flywheel....... atleast by that youlld know for sure your gonna get some serious HP gains...
clutch and flywheel don't add hp... :?

Exxel82

The Long Forgotten
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Flywheels don't make hp. They help you get your rev up quicker and off the line a little bit faster(if you can drive your car right)

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lighter flywheels actually push down the torque curve, and they tend to make the car a little jumpy at low revs. But yes, they are made to rev quicker for competition.

Here's a helpful link about crank pulleys:

http://www.supras.com/~riemer/sonictech/tet/dualratedamper.html

civic_anxiety

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well, the thing is if u dont really understand what u need to replace a crank for, u shouldnt do it, but i guess thats why ur here, haha. i replace the crank on my 00 civic with the unorthrodox ultra ss one, and it seem to be working fine as long as u take it to a professional because theres no way in hell, u can pull that pulley bolt at home. believe me, i tried it, even with an air compressor. i say replace the crank is only good if u got a supercharger