crashed my 97 hatch... need some help

stevelobo

What's up cc.. I got into an accident and messed up my front end a lil bit.or so I thought it was jus bit... I've read up on google I know there are threads on this but I would like some answers first hand..

..A couple of days ago I noticed that the radiator support was bent out of shape.. I'm obviously going to have to get a new radiator support, but is it difficult to replace the old with the new?? ... Anyone happen to know how much a shop would charge to do.it??

Also,... When I crashed the hatchy, my airbags deployed... Well, I replaced the airbags and the module myself, no problem.. My question to this is what do I have to do next?? I don't want to put my battery back on and have em pop in my face again.. Anyy input would be greatly appreciated!

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not sure about the airbags but the core support is spot welded. Get yourself a good size drill bit that can be used to drill through metal. The hardware person will know what your talking about.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got into an accident with my 93 hatch, and my rad support was bent up too. I just hammered it forward with my uncle, and got it mostly straight, just a little more modification. But yeah, you'll have to drill out the spot welds, then rip it off, throw the new one on, aligning is the hardest part, then weld it back into place.

stevelobo

Not sure about the airbags but the core support is spot welded. Get yourself a good size drill bit that can be used to drill through metal. The hardware person will know what your talking about.
thanks man i appreciate the info... the only thing that is worrying me is that i got the car with a 2000 front end...so will the weld spots still be able to spot out if its not the original radiator support

stevelobo

I got into an accident with my 93 hatch, and my rad support was bent up too. I just hammered it forward with my uncle, and got it mostly straight, just a little more modification. But yeah, you'll have to drill out the spot welds, then rip it off, throw the new one on, aligning is the hardest part, then weld it back into place.
that was my initial idea but the support is not much money, so im pushing towards just buying a new one.. just need to make sure im not in for too much before i buy it.. thanks man