Crashed wifes car while she's away

Farquea

The wife is away and I was doing the right thing, planning to take her little old Civic in for a wash so it was nice and clean when she gets back Monday evening. Forgetting what parking space I was in I reversed out and hit a concrete post on the passenger side like a complete idiot! So now i need to fix this or at least have the wheels in motion by the time she gets back! As it's Sunday, all the Honda parts dealership are closed so I'm hoping someone can help.

So first thing, new wing mirror, I'm seeing the part number as 19403 88 89 90 91 or 19403 - C7319403. Can anyone confirm that will be the stock wing mirror and if so any pointer to how to remove, fit a new one would be awesome!

Regarding the big dent and bend around the door hinge and body, I'm assuming to fix this properly might cost me a few dollars which while it may not be worth it given the value of the car, that thinking won't come into it with my wife. Any estimates on cost or tips/advice on how I can at least 'try' to fix it up myself to start with?

The black rubber strip on the door I have back on (minus some plastic clips) but anyone know a part number for a replacement as it's kind of marked and bent at the point of impact?

The short plastic trim piece by the wheel I cant get back on due to the bend but, if that was straight, I still need the clips and i cant find a part number for those either.

The other worry is the passenger door now doesn't close tightly at the opposite end at the top of the window against the frame, any tips?

Basically any help right now would be appreciated so that i can at least sound like i know what needs to be done fix it all by the time she gets back.

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As you would find with a little research, you can pull up any OEM part number using online dealership sites, such as HondaPartsNow.com. The side mirrors should be an easy find on eBay or a junkyard (I have no idea why you threw in the word "wing") and the fender may be easy to find as well.

As for the ill-fitting door, there are many potential culprits. Inspect the door hinge as well and try your best to bend things back to where they were, with the glass down of course.

Farquea

I've found a Dorman replacement mirror (wing mirror is what us Brits say) but nothing in Canada so i'm at the mercy of a couple of weeks shipping from the US by the looks of it unless the scrappers have anything which i'll check when they open up next week.

The fender i'll try and look up how to remove it and see if i can knock it out in the meantime unless i can find one again at the scrappers.

Thanks.