crxbrad"s 90 Wagon

crxbrad

Well, I've been looking for a Civic to be the family car.
I was really wanting to get a 96-00 sedan. But couldn't find any, for months that were a decent price and not just roached! But I had a pretty open mind. I have always had a soft spot for the EE wagon as well. So I came upon this on CL and I'm pretty happy with it.
I think it is a DX model. It has the D15 and 4 spd auto tranny
It has pretty minimal rust on rear quarters, small dents and dings here and there, and a "minor" transmission problem(1st, 2nd, and 4th work fine. Seems to be no 3rd).
I, however have to finish the remodeling project on our house before I can even touch this thing. But that should be done late this month.
First thing I will do is maintenance/tune up. As far as the tranny, I will flush the fluid, probly a few times. I'll check all solenoids. Shifter and lock out. Check the linkage, which is probly fine. The shifter is pretty solid.
I'll see if that fixes it.
If worse comes to worse, I'll end up 5 spd swapping it, which is what I would REALLY like to do anyway. But my wife doesn't have much practice with a manual. I guess she has to sometime huh..? ;)

Well, here are some pics.....

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks pretty solid! What did u pay if u dont mind me asking?

crxbrad

Wish I had some updates for this thing but I'm still workin on the house. Mudding the drywall now and gotta sand and refinish the wood floors afterward. Then install lots of fixtures, doors, and mouldings. Then it's "work on cars" time! It's KILLING me. But first thing's first.

crxbrad

Ok. Here's updates. Finally got the remodel done. Took WAY longer than expected.
So to start, I did some maintenance.
Oil change
Cleaned the engine bay up a bit
Driver side cv axle replaced
Drained, flushed, and refilled the transmission fluid
Air filter

So, after the tranny flush I took it for a test drive. Didn't seem to make any difference. Still didn't want to shift into 3rd. Just skipped it and slipped for a bit until going into 4th.
So, I figured I'd just drive it a bit like it was. So I drove it to work the next day and it shifted perfect. That was Monday morning. Has driven the same since. Took it to work everyday this week. Shifts perfect. Has not slipped yet.
It has a high and searching idle that I still have to look into. But other than that, runs and drives great!
I love this car. :D
So, next will be more routine maintenance.
Passenger cv axle
Probably front wheel bearings
Tie rods if I feel extra motivated

I'll also include some more pics along with this update.
Last night it snowed 10" here in MO. Went out to do some sledding. Picture of before it got dug out and after we parked to go down some hills on the ol' sled.

crxbrad

Well I did a little research and looked for reviews on these struts I've seen on the market. Didn't really find much though. I found two threads of guys who installed them and had a good result. So that gave me some confidence. I ordered them on a Saturday. They shipped the following Monday. And they were on my porch on Thursday. TruHart is the name. These are their "sport shocks" for CRX application.
I mated them with some Eibach Sportlines I had layin around in the garage. Also CRX application.
So I took just a few pictures as I was doing the install. Pretty straight forward. The new struts came with pretty good size new bump stops. I did not modify them at all. I may in the future, shorten the stock stops, install those, and see if it affects anything for the good or bad.
Here are some pictures.....
Made good use of my dad's heated garage with lift. Very handy.

Pictures of the new ride height will follow. Didn't get to take any today.

But as far as a review, the ride is great! So far. I'll continue to update as they settle and I continue driving it.

crxbrad

Here is how it sits as of now. I will eventually get the back leveled out with the front. This will do for now.

superhead91

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good. Will look better once it's leveled out.... and slammed lol.

Lol I just prefer it to be lower, but it still looks good. Mine's as low as it will go on coilovers. Apparently EFs require some work to get really low.

crxbrad

Looks good. Will look better once it's leveled out.... and slammed lol.

Lol I just prefer it to be lower, but it still looks good. Mine's as low as it will go on coilovers. Apparently EFs require some work to get really low.
It will definitely look better leveled out.
Updated pics. Installed 1990-91 civic sedan rear mud guards. Also put my polished slips on for a look see.