CTR/ITR pistons...

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much of a difference do ITR or CTR pistons make if placed in a B16A"2"? I was looking for the answer in the form of hp gains.

THX

PEACE! :twisted:

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CTR have a bigger dome than ITR stock you are at 10.2 to 1 CTR will put you at I think 10.5 to 1

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes my friend it does.

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
compression, compression, compression...

If the stock pistons in a B16A2 have a compression ratio of 10.4:1, would it make that much of a difference if CTR (10.5:1) pistons were dropped in there? In other words would it be worth the money?

Wait a tick. It says on this site that CTR pistons have a compression ratio of 10.8:1 and that ITR pistons have a compression ratio of 11.1:1. Are you wrong or is this and every other JDM engine site mis-lead? Or are you talking about the compression ratio of the pistons in the B16A"2"?

http://www.mmrusa.com/engines.htm

THX

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: compression, compression, compression...

Originally posted by "CrIaVcIeCr"

If the stock pistons in a B16A2 have a compression ratio of 10.4:1, would it make that much of a difference if CTR (10.5:1) pistons were dropped in there? In other words would it be worth the money?

Wait a tick. It says on this site that CTR pistons have a compression ratio of 10.8:1 and that ITR pistons have a compression ratio of 11.1:1. Are you wrong or is this and every other JDM engine site mis-lead? Or are you talking about the compression ratio of the pistons in the B16A"2"?

http://www.mmrusa.com/engines.htm

THX

your comparing static compression ratios in stock motors to differnt motors. ctr pisotns on b16 rods will yield a differnt static compression than ctr pistons on ctr rods. remember tis a differnt block. ctr pistons in a b16a with give you ruffly 11.2:1 compression, itr pistons ar a joke, dont even consider itr pistons for your b16, it will give you like 10.6:1, not even worth it at all, might as well jstu mill your head or pull a layer offa your head gasket.

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about CTR pistons and con. rods in a B16A? Would that make a different compression ratio than just the pistons?

THX

13hybrid20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "CrIaVcIeCr"

How about CTR pistons and con. rods in a B16A? Would that make a different compression ratio than just the pistons?

THX

your missing the whole point. b16b and b16a blocks are completly differnt. ctr motors are literally a destroked itr motor. it has a differnt deck height, thats why it has high compression in the b16a. besides, why would you want to use ctr rods in a b16?

CrIaVcIeCr

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can i set up my B16 for high all motor power then if or when i decied i want to turbo it, just change the pistons to dished for a lower comp.? Will everything work alright?

THX