Cup Holder Inserts?

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by firejackal, Oct 31, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. firejackal

firejackal New Member 5+ Year Member

Does anyone know if I can get cup holder inserts for my 99 Civic SI? I need something that I can fit soda cans or fountain drink cups without them falling over when I take a turn. My only solution so far is to put the drink into the center console and pack around it with stuff haha. I may have to end up buying some foam pads.

I read somewhere that honda made some cup holder inserts for the 2000 civic, but I cannot find anything about it.

2. civicspencer

civicspencer New Member Registered VIP

I put my fountain drinks between my legs and it works just fine

3. bkjj77

bkjj77 New Member Registered VIP

yah i have that same problem in mine to...i hate it

4. Jose1027

Jose1027 New Member Registered VIP

Same prob here,specially in the morning with coffee :/

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

5. ImThaBean

ImThaBean New Member

I had the same problem with my 2000. Find a cup holder section from a 96-98. They are 1000000% better. the ones with the flip up lid. they should be swappable. not 100% sure but pretty sure. I'm running a 98 center console in my EG for this very reason. Worst case, just swap the whole ,lower section of the console.

The second day I had my 2000 sedan. I got a 44oz from AMPM, got back on the street to flip a U and the whole cup dumped on the passenger floorboard. I. Was. So. Pissed.

6. dj_hallucn8

dj_hallucn8 "to punish and enslave" Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Same thing here, I just pack some napkins around the cup or bottle, never seen the inserts your talking about but maybe some foam strips with 3M backing might do the trick, I might try that myself.

7. XpL0d3r

XpL0d3r What Civic? Staff Member Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I don't drink open containers in my car. If I drink like a 20oz of soda or a bottle of water or something, I just lie it down next to my ebrake. Doesn't go anywhere at all.

8. dj_hallucn8

dj_hallucn8 "to punish and enslave" Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Yea I do that too, still wrap it though, don't want condensation in my center console.

9. donovan772

donovan772 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

I hate this. Though I only drink things that are in bottles with lids that screw on and off and just throw it in my pass. seat. It gets annoying. And occasionally when I go pick up food from somewhere and bring it back to the house.
    I just prop my hand on my shifter and keep a finger on the beverage to keep it stable.

10. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

The stock 6th gen cup holders are probably the worst and least functional cup holders I have ever seen in a car. They are just horrible. And the placement of the cigarette lighter hole couldn't have been any worse. If you buy a large drink and have something plugged in, it doesn't allow the drink to sit flat in the cup holder.

If you find any suitable options, I'm all ears because I absolutely hate my cup "holders".

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

11. Jose1027

Jose1027 New Member Registered VIP

Lol very same thing happen to me,but I had coffee,I did a U and the cup kind of fliped and got my floor board dirty and part of my jeans lol

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

12. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

the 99-00 cup holders did come with 1 cup insert for smaller cups/cans

#41 at the top of the diagram
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 00siboy

00siboy lurkin... Registered VIP

I thought my 2000 civic cupholders were bad until my brother got a 97 prelude. The cupholders are right where your elbow is when shifting. 100% worthless because there is no way to keep a cup there.

14. JohnS.

JohnS. BANGARANG Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Wish Honda still sold them because I would definitely try it.

15. firejackal

firejackal New Member 5+ Year Member

I also wish this was still an option, I would get it this moment, time to look into those 96-98 cup holders. In my 94 thunderbird the cupholder is inside the center console armrest.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

16. Billy.

Billy. Has returned ;-) Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

why not just fab something up?? lowes carries black pvc pipe...

just sayin