Cup Holder Inserts?

firejackal

5+ Year Member
Does anyone know if I can get cup holder inserts for my 99 Civic SI? I need something that I can fit soda cans or fountain drink cups without them falling over when I take a turn. My only solution so far is to put the drink into the center console and pack around it with stuff haha. I may have to end up buying some foam pads.

I read somewhere that honda made some cup holder inserts for the 2000 civic, but I cannot find anything about it.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
I put my fountain drinks between my legs and it works just fine

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Same prob here,specially in the morning with coffee :/

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

ImThaBean

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had the same problem with my 2000. Find a cup holder section from a 96-98. They are 1000000% better. the ones with the flip up lid. they should be swappable. not 100% sure but pretty sure. I'm running a 98 center console in my EG for this very reason. Worst case, just swap the whole ,lower section of the console.

The second day I had my 2000 sedan. I got a 44oz from AMPM, got back on the street to flip a U and the whole cup dumped on the passenger floorboard. I. Was. So. Pissed.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Same thing here, I just pack some napkins around the cup or bottle, never seen the inserts your talking about but maybe some foam strips with 3M backing might do the trick, I might try that myself.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't drink open containers in my car. If I drink like a 20oz of soda or a bottle of water or something, I just lie it down next to my ebrake. Doesn't go anywhere at all.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't drink open containers in my car. If I drink like a 20oz of soda or a bottle of water or something, I just lie it down next to my ebrake. Doesn't go anywhere at all.
Yea I do that too, still wrap it though, don't want condensation in my center console.

donovan772

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hate this. Though I only drink things that are in bottles with lids that screw on and off and just throw it in my pass. seat. It gets annoying. And occasionally when I go pick up food from somewhere and bring it back to the house.
I just prop my hand on my shifter and keep a finger on the beverage to keep it stable.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The stock 6th gen cup holders are probably the worst and least functional cup holders I have ever seen in a car. They are just horrible. And the placement of the cigarette lighter hole couldn't have been any worse. If you buy a large drink and have something plugged in, it doesn't allow the drink to sit flat in the cup holder.

If you find any suitable options, I'm all ears because I absolutely hate my cup "holders".

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Jose1027

Registered VIP
I had the same problem with my 2000. Find a cup holder section from a 96-98. They are 1000000% better. the ones with the flip up lid. they should be swappable. not 100% sure but pretty sure. I'm running a 98 center console in my EG for this very reason. Worst case, just swap the whole ,lower section of the console.

The second day I had my 2000 sedan. I got a 44oz from AMPM, got back on the street to flip a U and the whole cup dumped on the passenger floorboard. I. Was. So. Pissed.
Lol very same thing happen to me,but I had coffee,I did a U and the cup kind of fliped and got my floor board dirty and part of my jeans lol

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the 99-00 cup holders did come with 1 cup insert for smaller cups/cans

#41 at the top of the diagram

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
The stock 6th gen cup holders are probably the worst and least functional cup holders I have ever seen in a car. They are just horrible. And the placement of the cigarette lighter hole couldn't have been any worse. If you buy a large drink and have something plugged in, it doesn't allow the drink to sit flat in the cup holder.

If you find any suitable options, I'm all ears because I absolutely hate my cup "holders".
I thought my 2000 civic cupholders were bad until my brother got a 97 prelude. The cupholders are right where your elbow is when shifting. 100% worthless because there is no way to keep a cup there.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Wish Honda still sold them because I would definitely try it.

firejackal

5+ Year Member

I also wish this was still an option, I would get it this moment, time to look into those 96-98 cup holders. In my 94 thunderbird the cupholder is inside the center console armrest.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why not just fab something up?? lowes carries black pvc pipe...

just sayin