Custom Intake

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where can i get piping to make a custom cold air intake?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood justin, you already have one, what are you looking for?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahah, extension to make it a cold air. and piping to do my girlfriends ride and my friends ride. yo, how did you still have places to connect your sensor and hose?

JDMdOHCvTECrACER

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sometimes local shops can make it for you like sin city in las vegas.i know this guy with a 97 ex coupe and he got custom piping and made the filter come from under the engine bay.it pops out so much you can take it.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to home depot..... they're just aluminum pipes, screw clamps, and round plastic shits

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
to get the hoses right and everything, you either need to weld them in or just buy a cheapie off ebay. or dont use metal, use pvc or dryer hose ducting and hook up the hoses using glue or something.

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as a warning to you....do NOT do this. I used to own a probe gt and made a beautifully crafted one out of HomeDepot parts....worked great for a while until the PVC started melting in which the gaseous fumes mixed with my air which casued my car to run horrible and LOSE power. Metal pipe you say? impossible unless you have a muffler shop mandrel bend your piping. anything else will give your air too many obstacles to get around....its just not worth it...sace the money and get the real thing man....trust me Ive been all the way down that road and back!

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or buy a a pipe bender...i have one i got for like 300 bucks, now i now its a lot, but it saves costs of having someone do it for ya....you can do lots of fun stuff with those

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for 300 i could just get a cai from any company though...and that would defeat the purpose

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yo rice4brains i am going to do the same thing. let me know how it goes if u decide to go for it. i will do the same thing.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hum lets see $200 dollars for a CAI AEM or $50 for a custom made.... hum lets see mo money for mo stuff or no money no stuff.... do the math. It will work the same as the CAI AEM i tested the pipe and it works better than aem. and thats tempeture wise. its not called customizing for no reason. im trying to be a lil original.

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whatever floats your boat. Show me dyno results, then I'll be sold.

4thengine

Acne Records Rep.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's just a thought.... Instead of making a CAI why not make a custom sealed, insulated air box for your SRI? In theory, it should work the same way as a CAI since it'll be pulling air from under the car just like a CAI would, only the filter would be mounted higher, thus protecting it better from the elements.