Custom Turbo 7th gen

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
ahh.. yea.. I may just got for the vafc2 for the time being then. I'll just get the RSX injectors and emanage later.

Will I be able to push 8 - 10 PSI using the vafc2 and using stock injectors?

and definitely keep us updated on how your s**t is going blah.

Thanks for all the help so far!
of course... with the right tune. Also... fuel and spark has nothing to do with boost psi.

Damn it... I was just reminded, I need to get plugs also. f**k!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
of course... with the right tune. Also... fuel and spark has nothing to do with boost psi.

Damn it... I was just reminded, I need to get plugs also. f**k!
hmm... but the higher the psi.... the more air you're shoving into your engine.. correct? And the more air you shove into your engine... the more fuel you need to keep the air/fuel ratio good.. right? So that would mean that PSI and fuel are relatated.......

hmm.. maybe I'm misunderstanding something.. please correct me if I am.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boost is controlled by vaccum lines, Sure you will need more fuel and a better spark. But its not needed. That is, unless you want your engine to detonate.

If you want to run at a lower psi till you can get bigger injectors and better fuel management that'll work

destined2race

Spoolin Fa Sho'
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i met a guy with a turbod 7thgen, and he said he ran low 13's with an extra 2k in the motor

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
destined2race said:
i met a guy with a turbod 7thgen, and he said he ran low 13's with an extra 2k in the motor
yea bull s**t.. High 13's if he can shift.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm, alright. Thank you once more Blahman =o)

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok.. so I've been doing some research on the emanage... I can get the emanage and the support tool for like 450 shipped.

I was looking at the harnesses like you were talking about.. and it really doesnt seem like I need any of them at the moment. Later on, when I decide to upgrade my injectors then I'll probably need the injector harness... but for now I don't need it. To tune the air / fuel ratio all I need is the support tool and I should be good to go.

Please point out any flaws in what I just said. I'm really trying to figure this s**t out. lol =o)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
Blahman240 said:
whats so funny about that? You didn't know that? Are you making fun of him because you think he is wrong? When if fact you are the dumbass.
ok yeh..so what's so funny about that is that i'm an idiot..and i made a f**kin mistake...:oops:
i for some reason thought the em2 followed the em1..:smackself:
and am not a dumbass..7th gen dumb is more like it...
but hey atleast i took the time to come back and admit that i was in the wrong...:what:..
sorry about that again...:thumbs up

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
ok yeh..so what's so funny about that is that i'm an idiot..and i made a f**kin mistake...:oops:
but hey atleast i took the time to come back and admit that i was in the wrong...:what:..
heh... its cool... But don't make a post if you don't know what you're talking about. The interweb is serious business :shock:

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no its not cool...i'm a dumbass because i dunno the f**kin chassis codes for the 7th gen....:roll:
after all i resorted to name calling in my original post as well...:roll:

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
no its not cool...i'm a dumbass because i dunno the f**kin chassis codes for the 7th gen....:roll:
after i resorted to namecallingin my original post as well...:roll:
The chasis code is EM2

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blazed said:
lol, it's cool. we forgive you. You already made yourself look like enough of an ass. I think you've learned your lesson :P

haha, just playin bro. We all make mistakes.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So Blah... you're keeping your AC and power steering and what not, correct?

Where are you gonna put the turbo and intake? I was looking in my engine bay yesterday and couldnt really decide where the best spot would be..

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
So Blah... you're keeping your AC and power steering and what not, correct?

Where are you gonna put the turbo and intake? I was looking in my engine bay yesterday and couldnt really decide where the best spot would be..
Yep, ac and ps are a must for me... really don't need to get rid of them in our model of civic's.

Oh... and about the intake... really you gotta put it anywhere it'll fit... I've seen people put a filter right on the turbo, but I've also seen people put screens right on the turbo as well... Just gotta do what you can. I planned on hacking up my cai to make a turbo intake.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blahman240 said:
Yep, ac and ps are a must for me... really don't need to get rid of them in our model of civic's.
lol, you didnt answer the important part of my question..

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also... you can't really choose where you're going to put the turbo.. Its kind of just where the manifold wants it to be.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol, ok thanks

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only reason i realized i was wrong is cause i saw that chick post a thread about her ep3..and i was like..uh oh..:oops:

:lol:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Blazed said:
the only reason i realized i was wrong is cause i saw that chick post a thread about her ep3..and i was like..uh oh..:oops:

:lol:
lol, yea.. I do that sometimes. Haha. usually it's right away though so I like.. hurry up and try to change my response before anybody reads. lol