CV axle/strut question on a 96 Accord

GlennH

Hoping the experts out there can help me. I haven't done any suspension work on a Honda before.

I need to replace the CV boots, so the axles have to come out. I'm don't know how the suspension is set up, but would it be easier to also take out the and replace the struts while I have the axles out or is this two completely separate projects?

My 96 Accord only has 61k miles and I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to change out the struts at this time. Do you know how many miles the original struts on a 5th generation Accord should last?

I really appreciate any advice you have.

GlennH

Thanks
OK, I'll clarify my question. I have to take the axles out to replace the CV boots. The CV bearing is in great shape. My question is, is it easier to also take out and replace the struts since I have to take the axles out anyway or would removing the struts and removing the axles be considered two completely separate projects?

In other words, would it be just as easy to replace the struts at a later time when they go bad, OR, since I already have the axles out now anyway, would this be a good time to replace the struts since there would be less work tor replace the struts since the axles are already out? I don't know the answer and don't yet understand this part of the suspension yet, that's why I'm asking.
Thanks again

GlennH

When a CV axle boot is bad, it's prudent to replace the axle.
thanks, though from what I have read, if you catch the broken cv boot right after it breaks, it is better to replace the boot on a quality OEM axle than it is to replace the axle with aftermarkets, which are often cheaply made.