D15B mpfi timing

gooddog

Rally X
I just finished a mpfi swap in my 91 civic hatchback std.

I started with a D15B engine with DPFI and a PM9 ecu and a 4spd trans. I switched to a D16Z6 intake manifold and obd0 injectors with a resistor box, a PM6 ecu and TD18-U distributor. I'm not sure where the throttle body is from but I have two that are nearly identical. One of which has 93 written on it in paint pen.

The engine runs well. Idles great. No real increase in power though.

I'm throwing two codes. #9 and #17
#9 is the timing
#17 is vehicle speed sensor

I'm getting a solid miss during acceleration in two spots thought the rpms. It happens during low throttle more than at WOT.

I checked the timing and I set it at 18° per instructions in my repair manuals. Didn't fix the miss. Advanced a bit. Still misses. Retard a bit from 18, still miss. I even when full advanced and full retard and the miss will not go away.

Thoughts?

It goes "ding" when there's stuff.

gooddog

Rally X
Just after posting this I did some more research and found that the two wires that run from the #1 cylinder position sensor are the blu/grn and blu/ylw from the dizzy that I sent to c1 and c2 on the ecu. After 20 some years the wires look exactly alike. I'm gonna swap em and see what happens. I'll post again with my results.

RonJ

Banned
Make sure the 2 CYL sensor wires and the one VSS wire are properly pinned to the ECU.

gooddog

Rally X
Vss wire?