D15B to D15B VTEC Engine Swap

SRASC

5+ Year Member
Planning on doing this swap sometime in the summer. There is an engine for $3500 (TT) (local currency) available which includes everything aside from the transmission. I plan, if possible, to use my current D15B a/t for the new D15B VTEC engine.
Question is though, is this a plausible engine swap? If so what should I avoid doing? Also if you have done this swap on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard was it to do?

Current Engine: D15B (dual carb)
Planned Engine: D15B (VTEC)

P

psychotic_civic

3500 for a d15b vtec?!?!?! thats outrageous....i find them all day long with engine, tranny and ecu for about 1200 shipped to my door

anyways, your swap will be a headache as your going from carb to fuel injection, obd0 to obd1.....get the jump harness and use a p28 automatic ecu,,,,then get a obd 1 civic ex or si wiring harness then the rest should be pretty much straight forward

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
3500 for a d15b vtec?!?!?! thats outrageous....i find them all day long with engine, tranny and ecu for about 1200 shipped to my door

anyways, your swap will be a headache as your going from carb to fuel injection, obd0 to obd1.....get the jump harness and use a p28 automatic ecu,,,,then get a obd 1 civic ex or si wiring harness then the rest should be pretty much straight forward
$3500 in Trinidadian dollars = $585 and change in good ole amurican.
Carb to FI is not an easy issue. I do not recommend this swap as a do it yourself project, besides I think the carb motors are better unless you plan on a turbo, seriously. can TT do business with Venezuela? cause that might be a good source of some hi-po carb'd engines

DaMechanicEG/EK

5+ Year Member
Dnt pay more then 500 for it, nt for a sohc, vtec or nt. u can get a b16 or a b18 for dat much, fullswap.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
I'd like to know that as well! sounds like more sohc hate than anything, plus you guys have to take into account hes on a small island in the Caribbean, I'm surprised he could get a motor shipped there!

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Like thats a better deal. You can ususally pick them up for under 500 usd

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd like to know that as well! sounds like more sohc hate than anything, plus you guys have to take into account hes on a small island in the Caribbean, I'm surprised he could get a motor shipped there!
You would think islands would be at an advantage shipping wise.

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
Like thats a better deal. You can ususally pick them up for under 500 usd
The deal he's getting is good when you do the money conversion $585 and change, unless you think he should shop around for 85 bucks?lolz, I think thats why this should-be-dead-thread is alive still, even the op hasn't come back!
Ya know I am interested in what it's gonna take to do a carb to efi swap, do you know cheezeon?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The deal he's getting is good when you do the money conversion $585 and change, unless you think he should shop around for 85 bucks?lolz, I think thats why this should-be-dead-thread is alive still, even the op hasn't come back!
Ya know I am interested in what it's gonna take to do a carb to efi swap, do you know cheezeon?
Yeah I wasnt disputing the original posters price being a bad deal once converting to us dollars. The other dude said 1200 for a d15 vtec, thats why I posted what I did.
No I do not know what it would take to do the carb to fi conversion. Maybe a s**t ton of wiring and a fi ecu?

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Finding Nismo

5+ Year Member
It's prolly used up and miles over, but I wouldnt doubt for a second that it's a stolen motor seems that you can always find a civic with the motor missing around here???lolz

Milano01

Old School CC.com'er
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dunno, 500 bucks for a B16 is alil alarming. maybe its a first gen? :what:

as for the orignal posters question, $585 isn't bad for a JDM D15b swap especially to a small island! i mean damn thats actually great i would figure it would be something crazy. however its gonna be a b***h going from Carb to PGMFI but good luck if you consider doing it and keep us updated. that would be pretty sweet!

VigLink badge