d16a8 Turbo?

tip

hey, let's say i want to turbo my honda D16a8 DOHC engine (i don't want to boost a lot let's say max boost 7psi with a ct12 or ct9 turbo) do i have to change my engine internals(crank,rods,pistons etc)? or can i leave them stock.
i am not a cheap Ba....., if that's what you're thinking, i'm still a student so it's a toooo much for me to pay...

civicspencer

Registered VIP
We D series are SOHC (single over head cam) B series are DOHC ( Dual over head cams)
But im not familiar with D series but I've seen plenty of people do this set up and runs nice but don't know how reliable it would be

What is you power goal if you have one

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
so answer the OP's question, if you feel your bottom end is in good enough shape 6-8psi on a small turbo will be fine

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You mghy have to have an adapter plate made to use those turbos. Look around for a nice tdo4, tdo5, or a t3/t4 with a small exhaust side. It'd be good for daily driving on low psi set ups. What is the budget your setting for yourself though? A full kit and tuning should run about a grand +-

tip

OK thanks for your info but i think i'm gonna stay n/a for now, my friend has a complete t04 kit i'm going to save up for it).

i'm thinking of going 2,25'' in my exhaust(make it myself) and buy the DC headers (are these headers good?)
B series throttle body,
which spark plugs can i buy for the car??
do they sell cams for the D16a8 DOHC? or can i put cams of another engine to make the car drive better??