D16B7 Heads on a D16Y8 Block

MyLittleTeg

I have a d16b7 head on a d16y8 block, bought it that way. I have heard of the b7 block on a y8 head being called a mini me. Not too familiar with it. Was wondering what's the pros and cons of it or is it half assed and do I need to put a y8 head back on it? Plan on boost, only around 7psi with eclipse injectors and stock pump. Nothing major, just a little more power. What would be the best setup without changing whole motors?

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you mean D16Y7? Not aware of honda using a D16B7. There is a D15B7 though.

Little confused. If it is a Y7 it baffles me that someone would take the VTEC Y8 head off and put a non-VTEC head (Y7). Mini me is taking a non VTEC motor and putting a VTEC head on it.

MyLittleTeg

Do you mean D16Y7? Not aware of honda using a D16B7. There is a D15B7 though.

Little confused. If it is a Y7 it baffles me that someone would take the VTEC Y8 head off and put a non-VTEC head (Y7). Mini me is taking a non VTEC motor and putting a VTEC head on it.
Sorry for confusion. D16Y8 block, D15B7 non vtec head. The idiot must have put it on because he couldn't find the right head. I picked up a d16y5 VTEC-E motor dirt cheap and said screw the Frankenstein motor

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Last edited: