D16y7 confusion

dillon_1213

So i have a 98 honda civic hatch cx with a d16y7. I picked up my new z6 intake manifold from the junk yard today with the Tb rotor and spring but It doesnt have a iacv on it.

First noob question what is the 2 wire sensor (thats whit and has a green and yellow and red and yellow wire) on the back side, what is that? Which intake manifolds have the same iacv? I see alot of pgm-fi manifolds and motors do they have the iacv I need.

Second can i get some details on the swap its confusing its my dd so i need it like done on a saturday.
please help

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what is the 2 wire sensor (thats whit and has a green and yellow and red and yellow wire) on the back side, what is that?
sounds like it could be the Intake Air Temp sensor, although the wire colors on the Y7 should be red/yellow and green/black - on the Z6 they should be red/yellow and green/white - on the Y7, the sensor is located in the air intake box before the throttle body and on the Z6, the sensor is located on the back of the intake manifold

dillon_1213

I figured it out i used google and got it running spot on and got a bunch of crap from the junk yard y8 air box for 20 and free fuel rail, fpr, o2 sensor, and some lines hahah. ill post pics soon i did a great job and it is alot more fun to drive with the porting i did to the mani. it just feels stronger

dillon_1213

I know I need a new hood

Clean?

Tell me what you guys think.

dillon_1213

Thank you.. I sent a sponsorship resume to wd40 and got 2 cans free and some stickers but i used some all over really works well.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hahaha thats really cool!!! car by the way is looking good man keep up the good work

dillon_1213

Thank you and ya the pics suck because my phone is only 2.0mp it sucks. the paint is really nice with no rust

dillon_1213

Update Car is paid off as off now thanks mom and dad 130 dollars l had left to pay them back. Any ways plans of right now maybe a whale penis intake, deff getting this stuff tho header and 2.25 or 2.5 in exhaust then BWR lca, BWR rad holder, new hood and paint for the other half of my bday present, 17in rims from my tax return, this week though tinting the windows if my friend and i get this job painting a living room.
Im not going to turbo tell next summer but I maybe getting a 96 explorer with a blowin head gasket that imm going to change out so i dont have to drive my baby in s***y nebraska salty snow

dillon_1213

also painting all the tirm red and getting mud flaps off jdm robot if recomended? and some lips but idk which ones to get and eibach springs and sways with some nice shocks, bushing are all gonna be replaced with energy suspension ones, stainless steal break lines, and a subframe brace

let now what you guys think?

dillon_1213

Got an AEM short ram today from the junk yard 15 bucks hahah thanks to the old guy not nowing the value of foreign car parts and a strut bar

ChewyCivic

i gotta question for you. did you have to change the throttle cable? i have a z6 intake laying around as well and i just wanna know if i have to change that. thanks'

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Update Car is paid off as off now thanks mom and dad 130 dollars l had left to pay them back. Any ways plans of right now maybe a whale penis intake, deff getting this stuff tho header and 2.25 or 2.5 in exhaust then BWR lca, BWR rad holder, new hood and paint for the other half of my bday present, 17in rims from my tax return, this week though tinting the windows if my friend and i get this job painting a living room.
Im not going to turbo tell next summer but I maybe getting a 96 explorer with a blowin head gasket that imm going to change out so i dont have to drive my baby in s***y nebraska salty snow
go with 2.25" if you plan on keeping the D series. i had a 2.5" back when i had my d and it was much too large for that small engine.

i used to have 17's on my civic as well, and then i switched to 16's and they are much better. i would advise 15" or 16" wheels because 17's are just too damn heavy, and low profile wheels are not the best for the traction, handling, and overall daily driver use.

psychlike

nice car. what junkyard did you go to to find the intake and strutbar?? im from omaha and havent seen anything like that in a junkyard, but i dont go very often either lol. keep up the work though, sounds like a lot of plans up and coming!!

dillon_1213

I used the stock one just put the adjuster bracket back further.

ANd thanks i wil start a build threadl after I get my egay short thro and hood and rad support
or if a mod wants to make this it plzzzz

and ya i will go with 16 i think and thanks for the info on the exhuast

dillon_1213

you wrench it i went back and gone i usaully crawl thro the foreign junk at the south upull it yard which is good but my friend Guy from school told me to hit up the north yard and hell theres a ton of civic stuff and there pretty cool at that one

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nice job at the manifold swap OP, looks good. I did a Y8 swap on mine and kept the Y7 throttle body for the IACV.