D16y8 custom exhaust question

Swampnuts

Stay out the swamp.
Ok so, i have a d16y8 with stock exhaust, i will have a catback before i do this, but i need some advice on my idea and how to make it work. i want to take my exhaust right after the exhaust manifold and put a split in it so i can run a custom pipe to the back of my front tire coming through the fender; heres what i need help with.. what do i need to do to have it where i can switch from my full exhaust to that pipe. i know ill probably lose power and what not, but its my car, not yours. so if your just going tell me how dumb i am, dont waste your time by posting. if u can help answer my question, ill be very grateful. lolol

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Watch the video in my sig of my car with the dmh exhaust cut out. And yes I must also add in that it'll hurt performance alot

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Instead of having an electric cutout dumping the exhaust onto the ground have a exhaust shop weld pipe onto the outlet of the exhaust cutout where it will reach to behind your front tires. That way when the cutout is off it will go through your entire exhaust and when you flip the switch and it opens it will come out your custom exhaust behind your front tires. Does that make sense?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There might not be room under the car for a piping to sit, or a way to hold it up securely.

emerican

Registered VIP
If there is room for that it would be really tight
Youd also have to find a shop willing to do some arent going to want to as it is a custom job

Swampnuts

Stay out the swamp.
Watch the video in my sig of my car with the dmh exhaust cut out. And yes I must also add in that it'll hurt performance alot
i'm not entirely sure what it is thats making the switch between your exhaust, but that's the same idea just in a different spot.. and i wouldn't drive with it, i just want the pipe there for looks but i also dont want to be a douche and have it not work, lol. so the loss of power doesnt concern me

Swampnuts

Stay out the swamp.
quick time performance electronic exhaust cutout

google

keeping my opinions to myself
haha yeah you don't seem to like any of my ideas, but hey its all good alot of people dont. :cool: so that cutout basically attaches to your full exhaust and you can bolt on another pipe? thats what it looks like to me, but it doesn't really explain much on the website

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go onto jegs.com and look for electric exhaust cutouts

but i have one question, your going to pay a lot of money for something that your not going to use? on top of that it looks stupid, wont pass an emissions in a state that has it since they are illegal, hurts performance, wont sound good, and did i say you wont even use it?

your money could be much better spent. they use these on cars made for racing. not daily driving. I could keep my advice to myself, but im tellign you money could be much better spent

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
makes it so you can open up the exhaust sooner. people use it to run open down pipe and be able to convert it to a regular exhaust by just flipping a switch

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
makes it so you can open up the exhaust sooner. people use it to run open down pipe and be able to convert it to a regular exhaust by just flipping a switch
..and would make sense on a boost set up(hence why I had it done) But on an n/a? Back pressure is needed.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
haha yeah you don't seem to like any of my ideas, but hey its all good alot of people dont. :cool: so that cutout basically attaches to your full exhaust and you can bolt on another pipe? thats what it looks like to me, but it doesn't really explain much on the website
you bolt/weld the y section into your exhaust, run the open piping where you want and you wire in the switch that activates the motor to open the plate on the cutout piping

they have electronic and manual

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just trying to help you from making a regrettable decision, i just am sure the money could be much better spent on something that will HELP the car instead of hurting it

Last edited:

Swampnuts

Stay out the swamp.
ok try reading the entire OP, i just needed to know what it would take to make it happen. not how bad it will be for my car, i stated in a post that IM NOT DRIVING WITH IT OPEN.