D16Y8 Engine swapped: running rich

justme8789

Respected
alright guys and girls i just got done rebuilding my engine i have a 97 honda civic EX with a D16Y8 block and a P2J-4 Vtech head it runs great beside running really rich any ideas ? i just got done with the rebuild tonight and i don't want to have to put money out for new injectors if that is not the problem

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
How do you know it's running rich? What have you done to troubleshoot the issue thus far?

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How do you know it's running rich? What have you done to troubleshoot the issue thus far?
Like he said, provide clear details including what trouble shooting you've performed. This isn't the Cleo psychic automotive friends network. If you just finished building it then how are you accurately determining that its running rich?

I also tweaked your title to be more specific. Using the word "help" in your title does you know good in here.

justme8789

Respected
Ok well just got done with the rebuild after a blown head gasket my gas mileage has gone down and when I walk around the car especially to the tail pipe I smell gas fumes the only trouble shooting I have done it injectors but I don't have $400 to buy new ones so I was wondering if there was a another cause like sensors mixed up or something along that lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You're jumping the gun too much. Inspect for a fuel leak at the injectors, fuel filter & fuel lines. Let the car run a few minutes & smell at the exhaust pipe for fuel. You may even see it dripping out of the muffler.

justme8789

Respected
Alright problem has been solved but now there is a new problem with the rich gas I had a bad fuel regulated sensor that I replaced and now no problems but the new problem is when I am stopped at idle or parked and idling I will turn my heater off and car RPMs drop almost to stall and every now and again it will try to stall and bring the RPMS back up any ideas on this

This just started happening after replacing the PCV valve I can not hear any vacuum leaks at this point

Last edited by a moderator:

saquon

Alright problem has been solved but now there is a new problem with the rich gas I had a bad fuel regulated sensor that I replaced and now no problems but the new problem is when I am stopped at idle or parked and idling I will turn my heater off and car RPMs drop almost to stall and every now and again it will try to stall and bring the RPMS back up any ideas on this

This just started happening after replacing the PCV valve I can not hear any vacuum leaks at this point

It could be the idle control valve

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

saquon

Okay my clutch keep losing fluids and I have to keep refilling it with brake fluid and what could be the problem tried to leak out

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay my clutch keep losing fluids and I have to keep refilling it with brake fluid and what could be the problem tried to leak out

Inspect the clutch lines, master cylinder, and slave cylinder for leaks. Also inspect the clutch fluid reservoir to make sure it's not damaged, and that the cap sits tightly. A loose cap would cause it to leak, and may cause air to get into the system as well.

saquon

Inspect the clutch lines, master cylinder, and slave cylinder for leaks. Also inspect the clutch fluid reservoir to make sure it's not damaged, and that the cap sits tightly. A loose cap would cause it to leak, and may cause air to get into the system as well.
Okay thanks for the feed back I check the line that runs run from the reservoir and it was dry but I think my cap is kinda lose but ima have to back and read check it now that your telling me that

Restotech

Respected
Inspect the shaft of the clutch master cylinder under the dash of the car. They are know to leak here and fluid will run down the firewall inside the car under you carpet. This is if no leaks are found at the slave cylinder.