d16y8 help plez

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
you need

obd1 dizzy (unless you want to buy a second conversion harness)
p28 (with jumper)

For ease of everything I would convert the engine to OBD1, then get the jumper harness for the ecu

like I said, I have an entire OBD0 to OBD1 engine harness, all you would need is the dizzy and ecu+jumper

its alot harder to convert an OBD2 engine to OBD0

frankenSI

The motor is in an running right now but runs like crap I didn't.do the swap or it would have been done right. But what I'm trying to figure out is what I should do to keep it on the 91 si hatch harness only reason for that is cos its already hooked up an running. I want it to run alot better but if I need to do the obd to obd1 motor harness I will but I'm trying too avoid doing that .all help is greatly appreciated

James315

I know it sounds like alot of work and not trying so sound like a jerk but your best bet is to use the ob1 harness and as for power its jsut a single cam which i have absolutly nothing against used to rock a z6 myself lol but they not the most powerful motors in the world but can be pretty quick with alot of time and money or boost and a great tune. idk if there is any mods or anything done to the y8 but especially if its all stock dont expect alot.

frankenSI

Well here is the set up lol I know there's a lil more power than what I have for a fact. Its a d16y8 motor with a bull frog can from what I'm told full exhaust header back up graded fuel pump adjustable fuel rail. An all this is running on obd0 wiring. No cel. No miss firing or anything. Its actually pretty quick for what it is. Oh an the vtec is not hooked up. All I wanna know is if I can do the obd to obd1 jumper harness for p28 ecu an what dizzy I should use on the y8. I really dontt wanna mess with the motor harness if I don't have to.

frankenSI

im pretty sure the old owner converted it ove to obd0 [d16y8] if i do the p28 ecu with the obd0 to obd1 ecu jumper harness an another jumper harness for the dizzy will the car run better ?

frankenSI

ok update i went out today an did some looking on my motor it is a legit d16y8 everything. An has been converted to obd0. i checked the cel on the ecu cos it uses the led blinking light ordeal i got 20 blinks witch is electric load detector but there is no cel on in the dash cluster is this good or bad the code an the cel not being on in the cluster ? an if i disconnect the stock map sensor an use the map sensor on the mani will it be fine or do i have to rewire the plug or aka repin it ?