d16y8 IAC valve

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
I am swapping over the y7 to y8 intake. Have a 5 spd y8 intake with the IAC in the back. I know alot of you put a plate on the back. Was wondering though cant I just loop the two vacuum ports with one hose and leave the IAC where it is in place? I am thinking yes, anyone done it this way?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You may want to consider selling the 5-speed Y8 IM and using the money to purchase an auto Y8 IM and TB.
This would be my recommendation as well.

Also, if you have any 96-98 DX, LX, or an automatic 96-98 EX , I believe you will need to do 3 wire to 2 wire conversion for the IACV.

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
To clarify, they are coolant hoses which I ran to the IAC on the y7 throttle body. You are correct there but I am pretty sure I can just cap the ports on the y8 IAC as it is not being used for now. I will post a pic to show how I did it. Also have an auto y8 intake manifold I may just use if for some reason it doesn't work.

Benefit is to run side mount for turbo piping. Jury is out on performance.

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
This would be my recommendation as well.

Also, if you have any 96-98 DX, LX, or an automatic 96-98 EX , I believe you will need to do 3 wire to 2 wire conversion for the IACV.
I am using the y7 throttle body so no need to rewire.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I am using the y7 throttle body so no need to rewire.
Oh! Then I think you just need the throttle brackets and the spring / rotor for the Y8 TB.

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
Also, why don’t you keep it simple by installing an auto Y8 IM and TB?
because I have the ecu, head, vtec and wiring harness that I will be swapping out down the road just one less thing I have to worry about swapping

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
So here is what I did, this is basically the same thing as a blocker plate. the y8 iac is not in use at this time. the coolant lines are going to be ran to the two locations on the y7 iac. Should be simple swap.

the port or whatever you call it will have a hose running to the back water tube port.

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
Why didn’t you provide all of your plans and car information in the first post?

It’s difficult helping you if you slowly dribble incomplete information into your thread and don’t answer simple questions.
I asked if I could block off the ports on the IAC instead of a blocker plate, what more did you need? The rest should have been obvious, I spell it out for you next time. Thanks for your input.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what more did you need? .
... The rest of your plans, lol. Had you mentioned that to begin with, the recommendation of getting an auto IM/TB wouldn't have been brought up. =)

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
You can do anything you wish. It’s called free will.

The more important question is whether either should done. By refusing to answer simple questions and to provide a coherent account of your goals, you are hindering others from truly helping you.

For example, see your picture below. You clearly fail to recognize just how ridiculous your hose looping "fix" is. It's among the funniest pictures I've ever seen on a car forum. I owe you a debt of gratitude for bringing laughter to my day.

View attachment 29748

See my comment above.

You are asking members for help while assuming that you’re already on the right course. What's obvious is that you are lost because you can't see the forest through the trees.

Highly unlikely
Yeah I am sure it will work just fine. No different then putting a plate on it, plugs up the holes to prevent leak. I will let you know how it goes when I fire it up next month. And if by some odd chance that I am not then you can give yourself a huge pat on the back and I will go and put my other manifold on.

You failing to give me any reason why this won't work other then trying to put me down won't prevent me from at least trying it. If you have any factual input I would love to hear it.

Hondad78

Respected
5+ Year Member
I am not even going to bother to read what you said as I am not really interested.

I just went out to the garage and pulled the hose off. I blew into one of the ports and air came out the other port. So now I know how it works and what was soooooo funny. I don't even need to cap those holes. Just leaving the iac in place is enough to prevent a vacuum leak.

Thanks for wasting my time. I will continue with my build now.