D16Y8 Worth Keeping?

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am hearing that people keep their D16Y8's and build them. I am into Auto X, but I also would like to do some street racing and show some people around that civics arn't just rice....potent performace cars if done right. I am willing to spend the money to do it right....what would be a good way to go? I want to go N/A if I can....and I like the idea of a B18C5...what would be your guys opinion on the topic? Thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!
-David

Hey SickCiViC...I have taken some pics...but I am taking some better ones...they should be posted within a week! Peace man...thanx for asking!

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet, can't wait to see them.. :D

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I had the bling bling, I'd go B18C5. The EJ8s are about as heavy as the tegs, and it seems like they are underpowered compared to the C5. 8)

Otherwise, I'm happy with my stock Y8.

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm happy with mine too, for now. once the car is paid off, i am gonna look into a b16a2 swap and turbo. :thumbs up: only thing about that is, i would have to change the header and intake right? cuz i am planning on getting different 1's soon. :?

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I don't think the headers will carry over....although they might? I have decided to forget about going N/A...I want a turbo...no nitrous though. I want to go fast....and N/A doesn't go as fast as want it to go...:(
which is the best motor to turbo for our cars...?

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A header for a D series motor will not fit a B series. Same goes for the intake manifold, but intake pipe might.

The LS motor is the best to boost, the B18B, maybe built up appropriately, it's got a lot of potential.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no...the intake won't....D16=2.5 inch....b series=3inch

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'm happy with mine too, for now.
there is no one to race where i live anyhow, so i agree

i guess i could take on a neon or a sunfire... yeah right.... domestic rice :what:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha neon... sunfire! :lol: :lol: :lol: ........... raced my fare share of those. =)

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
watch out for those new Neon SRT-4's...they are supposed to run 0-60 in 5.9 seconds...and I think it was sport compact car who also got the same numbers when they tested one. But anyhow...screw domestic rice....leave them to the APC wolves. I have plenty of races here in Louisana....I win all of them...because all these stupid 4 banger trucks and low riders race me...its scary. My dad raced a C5 vette last night...he got a good look of my dad's tail lights! Never under estimate the power of the M Roadster muahahahahahaha
-David

RedSunsEK

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "99ExCoupe"

no...the intake won't....D16=2.5 inch....b series=3inch
that doesn't really matter...

anywho, as for as the whole turbo thing goes...I see it as, how fast do you want to be and how big your wallet is... if you decided to keep your SOHC and turbo it...that would be the "ideal underdog" a friend of mine had a 95 EX coupe, turbo on stock internals just upgraded fuel and ignition plus 3" piping and he ran a 14 flat quater mile on 12 lbs of boost...thats pretty impressive... And if you plan on going DOHC well... ur the man :D

me personally, I'm going with LS Turbo and i plan on building a B20B(CR-V motor) on the side...FULLY BUILT :shock:

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey SickCivic....we should swap my dad's 300 horse 3.2 straight six into mine over night...think he'd notice if he woke up to a front wheel drive m roadster in the morning?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Hey SickCivic....we should swap my dad's 300 horse 3.2 straight six into mine over night...think he'd notice if he woke up to a front wheel drive m roadster in the morning?
HA. don't u wish it was possible..

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

99ExCoupe said:
HA. don't u wish it was possible..
lmfao :lol: :twisted: :P

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh come on....so what I would have the drivers seat in the trunk...and the entire car would have to be altered...and it pretty much wouldn't be a civic anymore....its would be a sleeper =)

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

oh come on....so what I would have the drivers seat in the trunk...and the entire car would have to be altered...and it pretty much wouldn't be a civic anymore....its would be a sleeper =)
:lol: