D16z6 Build (300hp)

Boostin

Hey guys im building a D16 enigne and need some advice on some things but first heres what i have planned.

T3 T04E .50 compressor .63 turbine kit
FMI
3" downpipe
75mm Vitara pistons and custom rods(about 8:5:1 compression)
Clevite main bearings and thrust washer
All new gaskets
Fuel pump regulator

Now my goal is 300hp, will i need to get bigger injectors or can i keep the stock with a tune? also how much psi should i need to boost to reach my goal? and should i do any head work like a cam and springs? and i have no clue what to do as far as tuning because theres no dyno shop locally, can i do it myself if i buy a s300 or any other option? thank you, feel free to add your opinions and advice i appreciate it all

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice man tuned in to she the single kick some DOHC butt lol. Bigger injectors will help how big is the question and a 3" exhaust will make hitting ur goal a little easier.

Last edited:

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
you will need bigger injectors definitely. I wouldn't go s300 if no one to dyno it around their. I would go with chrome or some other tuning software. They just seem easier. You can do some head work if you want to but I don't think you will have to in order to reach your goal.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
youre in florida and you dont have a shop/tuner near you? What part of florida?

techavluis

Registered VIP
yes you need bigger injectors, 15-20 psi. (all about parts working together and the tuner) head work is up to you. you can leave it alone and set red line low. like 6500-7000 safe. Honda S3000 is the best. but needs a tuner. looks like your in FL. where do you live that there is not tuner "locally". (or are you calling "locally" just a few miles)

if i was you and going off what your asking. i would find a tuner and a good shop to seat down and talk a little and move forward from there. things like tuning software and head work is the kind of things you talk to them about

Boostin

Thanks for the help guys i do appreciate it, not planning on it but say i wanted 400hp then would you suggest head work? and of course bigger injectors. but do you think i could stick with that turbo kit or have to get a bigger one? just trying to get some more ideas

Boostin

yes you need bigger injectors, 15-20 psi. (all about parts working together and the tuner) head work is up to you. you can leave it alone and set red line low. like 6500-7000 safe. Honda S3000 is the best. but needs a tuner. looks like your in FL. where do you live that there is not tuner "locally". (or are you calling "locally" just a few miles)

if i was you and going off what your asking. i would find a tuner and a good shop to seat down and talk a little and move forward from there. things like tuning software and head work is the kind of things you talk to them about
What size injectors? i heard talk about DSM 450cc?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys im building a D16 enigne and need some advice on some things but first heres what i have planned.

T3 T04E .50 compressor .63 turbine kit
FMI
3" downpipe
75mm Vitara pistons and custom rods(about 8:5:1 compression)
Clevite main bearings and thrust washer
All new gaskets
Fuel pump regulator

Now my goal is 300hp, will i need to get bigger injectors or can i keep the stock with a tune? also how much psi should i need to boost to reach my goal? and should i do any head work like a cam and springs? and i have no clue what to do as far as tuning because theres no dyno shop locally, can i do it myself if i buy a s300 or any other option? thank you, feel free to add your opinions and advice i appreciate it all
i prefer OEM or ACL race bearings.
you need more parts as well... manifold, wastegate, BOV, map sensor, catch can, clutch.
find some 700cc injectors, they will do you just fine... stock ones wont keep up.
as far as tuning goes... neptune is a great choice. its decently cheap and has great features.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Thanks for the help guys i do appreciate it, not planning on it but say i wanted 400hp then would you suggest head work? and of course bigger injectors. but do you think i could stick with that turbo kit or have to get a bigger one? just trying to get some more ideas
If you run race gas you may get close with that turbo and some head work with the right amount of boost. Easiest would be get head work and a bigger turbo.

Boostin

i prefer OEM or ACL race bearings.
you need more parts as well... manifold, wastegate, BOV, map sensor, catch can, clutch.
find some 700cc injectors, they will do you just fine... stock ones wont keep up.
as far as tuning goes... neptune is a great choice. its decently cheap and has great features.
Ok thanks, and all thats included in the kit exept clutch and map sensor, i know what it is but will i need a map sensor for about 15-18psi? and ill check neptune out just did some research on crome and i cant figure out what i need.

Boostin

If you run race gas you may get close with that turbo and some head work with the right amount of boost. Easiest would be get head work and a bigger turbo.
Ok well im not running race gas, but head work would be possible, like a cam and springs? and for the turbo if i went to 400hp, what would you say? a precision 5431 possibly

techavluis

Registered VIP
for 300whp... get 550's injectors. for 400whp 750's. but really look for that tuner. some feel bigger is better. some feel smaller is better. and am with sohclubkid.... ACL bearings for sure!

Boostin

for 300whp... get 550's injectors. for 400whp 750's. but really look for that tuner. some feel bigger is better. some feel smaller is better. and am with sohclubkid.... ACL bearings for sure!
Ok, im finally getting on the right track now. But im going with NEPTUNE, 100 bucks cheaper, am i still going to need the chipped or socket ecu for neptune?
and ACL it is!

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Ok, im finally getting on the right track now. But im going with NEPTUNE, 100 bucks cheaper, am i still going to need the chipped or socket ecu for neptune?
and ACL it is!
moates.net sells a whole tuner kit with neptune rtp

400whp can be done with a holset (hx30 or maybe even an h1c) on 20ish psi and some headwork.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a vitara build can easily make 300hp on a stock head. ask got traction
trust me, you will need a map sensor. they are like $80 on ebay and i would reccomend getting a good clutch. an LSD would be a good investment too, but you can always install it later.
you need a virgin ecu to chip it with NEPTUNE, but they arent hard to come by.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here is the thing...yes you could go the cheap route with crome. BUT, you will have to do more work to be able to datalog and street tune it. That is why when we tune cars on crome, we have our own ecu that is set up for datalog and use that to tune the car. We then burn a chip off of that information and put the chip in the customers ecu.

300whp on a stock head has been done more times than i can count. ARP headstuds and a OEM headgasket (from Honda cause its metal) is the key to this success.

I've been around the block with turbo SOHCs and im sure that many people on this site will vouch for that. If you need any questions answered that cant be answered by the guys in here that clearly know what they are talking about, feel free to hit me up.