D2 springs on ebay sleeves?

ep3guy

Hi guys, the reason why I'm posting this is because I got an ep3 two month ago which is lowered in a set on d2's one piece coilovers I tried to raise it a little bit a couple of days ago, just getting it ready for the snow that is coming soon. And I found out that first, the two rear coilovers' thread is completly f*ck up, I could not move it not even a millimiter either up or down it is completly stuck I tried all tricks I saw In youtube and others blog and anything worked. And second, the rear coilover's shock on the driver's side is gone. now I'm planning on putting a new set of KYB Excel-G shocks. the part for which a need your help is for the springs cause I'm planning on buy some cheap set of lowering spring off ebay and use ONLY THE SLEEVES of this set along with the springs from the two coilovers that I am replancing.

has anybody done this before? would the springs from the coilovers fit the sleeves right? any information/experience on this would be apreciated.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you aware that Summit Racing sells separate sleeves from quality brands? If your D2 sleeves rusted shut, imagine how bad the cheap eBay sleeves could get. Thats not something I'd risk in a snowy winter. Also, are the KYBs you plan to buy made for lowering? If theyre not and are only OEM replacement, then youll be lucky to get 2 years out of them.

I hope you dont mind I summarized your thread title. Short & to the point should help get you more helpful replies.

Last edited:

ep3guy

Are you aware that Summit Racing sells separate sleeves from quality brands? If your D2 sleeves rusted shut, imagine how bad the cheap eBay sleeves could get. Thats not something I'd risk in a snowy winter. Also, are the KYBs you plan to buy made for lowering? If theyre not and are only OEM replacement, then youll be lucky to get 2 years out of them.

I hope you dont mind I summarized your thread title. Short & to the point should help get you more helpful replies.
No I did not but now I know. I'll go ahead and look it up rn. But do you think these sleeves will fit my springs? Cause that is what is stopping me rn.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I honestly dont know. I would assume the items specs might have some measurements to help figure it out. Ask Summit customer service.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why replace cheap chinese parts with even cheaper chinese parts ??? have you heard of Ground Control ???

ep3guy

Yeah Im thinking on get a set of GC coilover with sleeves. Thats only for the mid time while I save up to get a new suspension but if can do what im thinking on doing would be awesome all I want to is if it would work

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would recommend that you save up for what you really want anything else would just be waste of money and pointless.