Daily Grind- coupelife

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol cars looking good man. Definitely likening the new look.

SiR.Huey

They are replica but with the OEM quality as in fitment is lined up and isn't off and the hardware mount spots are there making them as OEM new as possible.

SiR.Huey

Front "H" grill emblem!
Right on the money! After two years I started missing it and when it was at whole sale cost to me why not! everything was local too.
Trying to stay classy, so grill plate, trim, and new "H"(already have the hardware)

P.S. got a call today and got my camera back finally! ;)

SiR.Huey

I forgot to mention that I threw the benin Tow hook on in the front went I put my SiR bumpers on. I had them for a year and only put the back one on at first. Finally grew the nerve to cut the hole in the bumper support. Sorry that came out of nowwhere. tTey are the booger green color.=)

Last edited:

SiR.Huey

Needed a new steering rack boot on my passenger side which lead to Finally figuring out my steering wheel shake issue!. After two alignments, one being warranty, I figured I would buy new tie rod ends because they were old and rusty looking, also my brother said they tend to go bad after about 100000 miles. Well lets just say I didn't need a press to take the ball joint out of the knuckle, just my pinky fingure to lift it out. The ball joints were loose enough to free spin with the nut on the threads and able to shake while still attached to the steering knuckle... no bueno.. The tie rod ends were definitely the solution for my highway steering wheel shake and not my alignment. but now I need one for changing out my tie rod ends and I also bought a skunked2 camber kit, going zero camber! can't wait to see how this will look! :suprise:
I drive daily on the highway to school and back, and the camber wear is bugging me. Bout to eat through the inner side of my tires after a year.. lame.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have that same issue. I have new outer and inner tie rods just haven't installed them. Maybe this weekend if weather is nice then off to the alinement shop.

Btw ill buy your old grill.

SiR.Huey

I have that same issue. I have new outer and inner tie rods just haven't installed them. Maybe this weekend if weather is nice then off to the alinement shop.

Btw ill buy your old grill.
pm'd
My inners are fine with no play. The boot was an easy fix but this was allowing water to get to my steering piston and was causing a noise so cleaned that and regreased it and it is fine so far. But my ball joints were soo loose that they would fall which ever way gravity pulled it immediately. Flimmsy is a good word. I bet some mechanic just impacted the nut on instead of torquing them like he should have and destroyed the stem from the ball joint and vibration wore it the rest of the way.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ball joints are a wear component, they go bad all the time. tie rods and ball joints are common jobs in shops. its metal on metal thats constantly rubbing. so regardless if it was impacted or torqued, they wouldnt effect the issue

SiR.Huey

ball joints are a wear component, they go bad all the time. tie rods and ball joints are common jobs in shops. its metal on metal thats constantly rubbing. so regardless if it was impacted or torqued, they wouldnt effect the issue
Yeah I see what you mean but it just seemed excessively scarred like its an upside down cone shape which for about half an inch it had a flat groove. but could have just been bad for a good while. beside the fact the nut came far enough off to get a locking wrench on the stud between the knuckle and the joint so I tore the boot off and clamped it still and finished taking the nut off.

Yay!! Now we match!!! Lol damn dood your fitment is spot f***ing on. I wouldn't worry about camber kits.
I got something up my sleeve for mine though ;)
Nah I just want the whole use of my tire and I drive daily on the highway so the tire was seeming to wear too fast(at least in my nervous concience). Even with rotating front to back and all. I want Zero camber. No tire noise and less stress on the suspension with all my driving. If s**t goes out of whack I at least know how to do my own alignment to get it back to the alignment shop. I am using Kauffman tire. They have an in ground alignment rack near me unlike half of the shops around here that say they can do the alignment then start satcking up wood boards in stuff cause I can't get on their rack. sketchy.. if they would let me drive it and set the boards up myself I might save the money for their cheaper price but they all say liability won't let me. Hate seeing people dirve my car that have a nervous face on..

Nice updates man, looks good!
Thanks.

I'll post tie-rod pics later and camber kit install. freshened up some suspension components and will be getting an alignment tomorrow.

SiR.Huey

Getting around to these imges. decided to not go zero camber and left some. however I did max out the fronts. they stopped at -1.3. rears aren't completely done because a neighbor of mine gave me a rear camberkit he had from his integra type-r, he sold, which was doing no good sitting in his garage so I put it to use and never checked the jam nuts before the alignment(lack of knowledge) and one was seized up which made it un adjustble. so I'm back on stock rear arms till a rear kit comes in this week.

New Tie-rod ends!

new boot!

fixing some fitment

Clean up time..

home-made paintbooth. :cool:

SiR.Huey

Nice build
I'm trying. thatnks!

Keeping it moving.. Good s***
Appreciate!

Very nice! I should've painted my forks...... Eh.
Thanks. I basically did a quick clean and spray while it was in there. Never took it out. Just thought it would look nicer than rust brown. Just taped off some newspaper and hit it next time you have yours in the air.

Between classes today took some neet pics.. stay tuned.