Daily Grind- coupelife

SiR.Huey

Picture update!

Had a wash and wax day! Then headed to town for some fun shots! I had a four hour window to kill some time in.

I won't say I am a good example for pulling fenders but I do know how to do it perfect now..Live and Learn. just sucks when it happens to your own car. I am still upset with this turn out but I won't turn on my car for something I can fix later on down the road. experience is key in some cases.

You can see that ripple in the rear quarter panel that's been there since I got it. Dark smugged spot.

The long time ago mod that I didn't have a camera for just yet kind of update.(5 month use)

:roll:cop caught lurking..

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks great.. are you keeping those headlights or going with something else?

SiR.Huey

That last shot shows a good amount of agression with my fitment and ride height which I like a lot. Question though; Should I put the mudguards back on? I know over time they leave their mark on the paint but I think they look good. And if I wax under them often enough I am sure they wouldn't be too damaging to the new paint on the back bumper. Plus with being daily driven the paint won't stay perfect forever nor will It be completely safe from scratches anyway.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cars looking nice...... And IMO put the guards back on...... I'm still trying to find some for the hatch.... Having no luck whatsoever ...... Do you know if coupe guards fit the hatch?

Using the tapa ya tap tap..... Tap

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...... Do you know if coupe guards fit the hatch?
You won't find them for a hatch unless you buy them from someone who owns them. They are discontinued. My hatch is a reference for fitment with coupe guards. Fronts are all the same for that generation, and the rears are mountable but the wholes in the bumper don't line up. Self tapping screws solves the problem.

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ thanks just went through your Flickr pics.... Put in an order for 4 oem from Honda .... Paid $64 shipped

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Car is looking good man. I agree the mug guards look good. They will flow very well with the look of the car now that you have the bumper moldings.

SiR.Huey

Cars looking nice...... And IMO put the guards back on...... I'm still trying to find some for the hatch.... Having no luck whatsoever ...... Do you know if coupe guards fit the hatch?

THanks and Yep! Kerry beat me to that answer.

You won't find them for a hatch unless you buy them from someone who owns them. They are discontinued. My hatch is a reference for fitment with coupe guards. Fronts are all the same for that generation, and the rears are mountable but the wholes in the bumper don't line up. Self tapping screws solves the problem.
True that. Side note: Your coupe looks perfect. Saw your post in Chris's thread your body has to be better than mine. I am sure you wouldn't pick up one with poor structural integrity. Just a pep talk I guess haha.

Using the tapa ya tap tap..... Tap[/QUOTE]

Car is looking good man. I agree the mug guards look good. They will flow very well with the look of the car now that you have the bumper moldings.
Yeah and I hate thinking there are rocks flipping right up on to the bottom of the bumper straight from the wheel and scratching it. Maybe a little more protection for trade of some paint rubbing from the mudgaurds. Still on the fence with this so we'll see.

T3RR0R

Its looking good, what's next for it?

Sent from Wonka's chocolate factory using tapatalk 2

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey sir did you repaint these moldings with semi gloss?? the bumpers i just got have the moldings painted white im going to wet sand them n repaint but i want them to look like yours...or is that just the original color??

SiR.Huey

This and that cleanings. Saving for a motor at the moment. To do list:
-B16B complete HMO swap
-Apexi WS2 catback
-Rear sway bar still researching for a best result. ASR or just The SI are ideas.
-Si front sway bar
-Some short shift (undecided on Skunked2)
-Sir seats or just racing buckets.
-BBK don't wanna copy Child.. thinking spoon.
-ummm..

....I'll keep piecing this together. Some things will change. willswap in the summer if things roll as planned.:shock:

T3RR0R

Nice, why do you want to go with the b16a2 instead of going with a b18c1? But other than that it looks like it should be a nice turn out. And I have a friend that has a b16a sitting in his garage for sale

Sent from Wonka's chocolate factory using tapatalk 2

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
. To do list:
-B16B
:
Dood, where did you get the "A2" from? I'd get a b16b over a b18cr any day, they aren't as commonly swapped also..

Something about the iconic b16 R that belongs in a 96-00 civic.

SiR.Huey

I don't know why he got A2 from a B but he must have just read too quickly. Roma is exactly right. The rarity and true honda plant is why I want it. As for now I Just want a nice daily/track car and I am not going for full race. Just some simple upgrades such as a header maybe a skunked2 intake mani and TB, cam gears, but sticking to the basic bolt ons. I am gonna try to pinch every piece of reliable power, if you will, from the motor while keeping the internals stock. And this motor will have a 100% start up warranty and matched transmision from HMO with everything I need to have it running when I swap it.